Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Roadster Owners are Electrical Engineers ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
Being new to the club, I am amazed how much technical knowledge is posted, especially
Without. Electrical schematics Being available. I am an Electrical Engineer and it
Seems a lot others are also. Thank you for bringing us new owners up to speed
On so many levels. It sure is a lot of fun learning from others about the Roadster. ! !

♂️

lol. I have undergrad and grad EE degrees but spent my whole career in quant finance.... I don’t really tinker as I would surely cause more harm than good!! I bet you’re right though about the car’s appeal to engineers.

I'm a software guy, but from the time where there was less differentiation between software, hardware, and mathematics.

Can handle the low voltage and microcontroller stuff, but the higher voltage scares me (which is weird as my first job out of college was working on control of high voltage air purifiers).

Reactions: drewski and Mark77a
EE and physics, most of my experience is from device-physics oriented electronics and MEMS. I have no prior experience with the electronic systems of cars and I learn a lot from this forum. Besides the desire to rooflessly enjoy the qualities of an EV, a motivation for me to get a roadster was that I anticipate that much maintenance and repair can be accomplished by wiring or programming!

Reactions: Mark77a