Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Tesla's in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
August 2021 = 191 YTD = 1101
Model S = 0 YTD = 4
Model 3 = 191 YTD = 1094
Model X = 0 YTD = 3

Total 2020 = 593 (S=27) (X=55) (3=511)
Total 2019 = 802 (S=56) (X=89) (3=657)
Total 2018 = 254 (S=108) (X=146)
Total 2017 = 244 (S=128) (X=116)

Top Ten EV/PHEV YTD 2021 New Zealand
  1. Tesla Model 3 1094
  2. MG ZS EV 483
  3. Hyundai Kona EV 416
  4. Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 371
  5. Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross PHEV 199
  6. Hyundai Ioniq EV 124
  7. Kia Niro EV 100
  8. Mini Countryman PHEV 97
  9. Audi E-Tron 94
  10. MG HS PHEV 92
Sorry the numbers were changing, so Rob's 191 was correct, Ioniq 5 had 10 for August.

ah sometimes that doesnt come across in text...

They have to get there by passing the smaller less relevant brands like Mercedes.

Remember this is with only 1 model (the 3 a mid size sedan) and 1 showroom..
Again, showroom doesn't count as Tesla got entirely different business (no dealers, no showroom sales) model compare to all other car companies... more similar to buying a pizza, as lot's of extras are allowed, and you choose your own base/toppings/accessories/upgrades... but also like buying and apple device - new features are available or old are fine tuned with every software update.

I hinted towards not to compare with luxury brands, as Tesla follows assembly line model (similar to Toyota) in manufacturing, compare to likes of Audi and Mercedes... where top models like A8, e-tron, R8, are hand sculpt, limiting how many car can be produced - and enforcing the limit that which country gets to sell how many cars.

R8 etc are built on assembly lines like any other car? And they have many mass market cars built likewise. IDK what you think they do in an audi/merc factory but it isnt hand crafted unless you are talking about a maybach

My A8L used to have person's name attached to it who proudly built the car, most of it as many activities can only be done safely by machines....

So correction... mostly hand built. not that matters, but again my bad to bring up anything good about car other than Tesla in Tesla fan forum with my very limited Tesla experience.