Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much does my car worth now? [help]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I'm tempted by he new design, want to upgrade it but I have no idea how much my car worth. There are no examples those I can compare. And It looks like Tesla doesn't want old style cars so that their trade in offer i really low (despite the fact that their CPO prices are still high). And some luxury car dealers gave some offer slightly more than Tesla's, but still they are low. I've asked to an SOR agency and they told me that it should be around £72000.
Could you share your ideas, please?(without judging my decision to buy the new one :) )
85D
Obsidian Black Metallic
Autopilot
Premium&Lightning package
Tan next gen seats
Gloss Obeche wood
19" stock rims
3400 miles
Jan 2016 Delivery.
Inside out like new.

Thanks.

Wow, can't believe you want to change already.

The Parkers - Price Checker App says £61,000 BUT doesn't take into account the following...
Has less than 10,000 miles (will always be seen within 10,000 mile blocks)
Autopilot
Premium & Lighting Package
Gloss Obeche wood

I've found in the past when selling a car a salesman will always push the extras (not saying Tesla here) but when it comes to trade-in they always say the extras don't add much value. Amazing isn't it!

I'd be tempted if it were about £25k less.

Surely the place to get a trade-in price is Tesla? If you think they are low-balling then try to sell privately. Whilst the pre-owned page may not have an exact match you can get a good view of what Tesla paid and are now marketing at, but Tesla should give you a price pretty quickly.

I'd offer to run a glass' guide check but my 2015 MS 85 comes in just over £40k when I paid £64k last week. Had to check the private sales to sense check I wasn't going to lose out straight off the bat but everything seemed right on the £64k.

Downside is the dealers will underwrite based on the glass/cap valuations that either don't exist or are incredibly low. Worth finding those private buyers or small luxury dealers I think...