Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how much does the windshield cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an answer from Tesla, ~1230$ in Houston TX.
I wonder if better to replace thru insurance, I know they will send to safeglass probably.
Does anyone use Safeglass to replace windshield on Tesla 3? Is it worth it , or better to use Tesla.

Thank you
i have 1000$ deductible so does not matter if i would use insurance or Tesla directly. (Yes, tesla more expensive by 220$)

Upvote 0
I just got an answer from Tesla, ~1230$ in Houston TX.
I wonder if better to replace thru insurance, I know they will send to safeglass probably.
Does anyone use Safeglass to replace windshield on Tesla 3? Is it worth it , or better to use Tesla.

Thank you
I think the main issue is gonna be time. Safelite *may* be able to replace it sooner depending on how busy the Tesla Service Center is. I don't know that either one is using better glass than the other. Safelite can be hit or miss with the experience of their installers. I've had to have them come out and fix problems before on other cars but it wasn't a big issue.

Upvote 0
I think the main issue is gonna be time. Safelite *may* be able to replace it sooner depending on how busy the Tesla Service Center is. I don't know that either one is using better glass than the other. Safelite can be hit or miss with the experience of their installers. I've had to have them come out and fix problems before on other cars but it wasn't a big issue.
I just schedule mobile service for Thursday.
So mean Mobile Service? are they will come to my home and install new windshield and calibrate it?

Upvote 0
I just schedule mobile service for Thursday.
So mean Mobile Service? are they will come to my home and install new windshield and calibrate it?
Are you talking about Safelite or Tesla Mobile Service? I haven't heard of Tesla Mobile Service installing windshields. Safelite can because they have special tools to help place the windshield correctly with one person.

And Tesla Service routinely will schedule mobile service first and then contact you and say that it can't be done by mobile and you need to bring it to a service center.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about Safelite or Tesla Mobile Service? I haven't heard of Tesla Mobile Service installing windshields. Safelite can because they have special tools to help place the windshield correctly with one person.

And Tesla Service routinely will schedule mobile service first and then contact you and say that it can't be done by mobile and you need to bring it to a service center.
Tesla Mobile Service.

I called them and chat with technician. Apparently, it is not a big issue. They will come to my house on Thursday.

Upvote 0