Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much for new 18 inch aero wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure at all about the refresh Aero wheel but I got a 2020 one off eBay for £120. There was a set of four on eBay for quite a while with a tyre or two.

I had another one "refreshed" after curbing for £85.

Best of luck!

This can’t be repaired can it?
392B6D69-4E97-4428-8960-6AFC9D545A75.jpeg

I’ve got something similar, though not quite as much on one of mine. Getting it fixed and repainted for £85 whilst the car’s in for ceramic coating. New aero covers are $25 in the US, so I’d guess similar here, if you’ve also scuffed that.
Thanks. Got a quote for £60. Only problem is I can’t leave the wheel there since I don’t have a spare. Also concerned about the jack at the place if he takes the wheel off for me. :-(

Re: Lug Nut Torque

Old School:
Wheels were steel or heavy metal.
It was always snug it up good, then 1/4 turn tight.
I would still use that technique today if I didn’t have a torque wrench.

My Father:
He used to check the lug nuts after every service... and there was always one loose! I did the same, even checking the lug nuts on my just-delivered new cars. Today, I don’t bother. I think technology and liability are bigger issues, making problems less likely.

Ironically, years after my father passed, my mother had a wheel fall completly off a van after service. She only drove 2 blocks! The mechanics never tightened the wheel lugs at all. They must have been smoking something.

New School:
Today we have many different types of light metals.
It is best to get a torque spec and use a torque wrench.

Last edited: