Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much is for service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In review of the bill it was detailed so its my fault for looking at my phone. Overall though I thought that this stuff was included in the 40k service. When I spoke to the service rep he made it seem as if i didnt need the annual service. Instead he said to do what I did. 40k and 80k and that would have been cheaper. To answer your question though would be difficult though as this is just my first year and my service bill is already 1800 and im not sure if the annual service would have saved me. Please be mindful for your 40K and let us know what your bill comes up too.
View attachment 114173View attachment 114174

So you're saying you brought your car in for service at 40,000km and ended up paying $1800 in services? If so, I think I will just stay with my current non-service schedule and avoid them looking for things to "fix".

So you're saying you brought your car in for service at 40,000km and ended up paying $1800 in services? If so, I think I will just stay with my current non-service schedule and avoid them looking for things to "fix".
Yup. Thought about being proactive at 35000 thinking of getting hit with a 1000 bill. Instead got a $2000. There goes my savings of gas for the year. :)
I probably would have saved with the upfront service depends what's included. I hope that helps Anita.

In review of the bill it was detailed so its my fault for looking at my phone. Overall though I thought that this stuff was included in the 40k service. When I spoke to the service rep he made it seem as if i didnt need the annual service. Instead he said to do what I did. 40k and 80k and that would have been cheaper. To answer your question though would be difficult though as this is just my first year and my service bill is already 1800 and im not sure if the annual service would have saved me. Please be mindful for your 40K and let us know what your bill comes up too.
View attachment 114173View attachment 114174

I would go back to Tesla on this and get clarification, this looks wrong. I've had 2 annual servicings done, both included things like wiper blades, fob batteries, labour, etc in the price. Its like they have incorrectly charged you for 2 annual servicing which doesn't make sense.

I'm planning to keep mine for 10+ years so am curious how it goes.
I think alot of us who were originally planning on that are going to be sorely disappointed. I was planning on keeping it a very long time, but now am thinking I will sell it when the warranty expires. Unless Tesla changes their attitude towards third party shops and DIY folks before then.

I think alot of us who were originally planning on that are going to be sorely disappointed. I was planning on keeping it a very long time, but now am thinking I will sell it when the warranty expires. Unless Tesla changes their attitude towards third party shops and DIY folks before then.

I am of the same opinion as if the car starts to cost a lot to repair I may have to leave for an ICE as the cost of the S is getting way out of my range due to the exchange.

Maybe the Model 3 release will help on this front. I foresee many Model 3 buyers getting some serious sticker shock over Tesla's service costs and then severe disappointment when they figure out they can't take it anywhere else (or even work on it themselves). That might be enough unhappy people to get critical mass to push for change.

No oil change needed. Electric motor is fundamentally different from a combustion engine.
There is no oil in the motor but there *is* oil in the differential which needs to be changed every 8 years.

As for the cost of the annual service it can vary depending on what needs to be done, it's between $450 and $950 Canuck bucks:
Service plans

In review of the bill it was detailed so its my fault for looking at my phone. Overall though I thought that this stuff was included in the 40k service.
That bill appears to show your total charges were only $750 which is what a 40K service costs. Is there more to the bill?

I'm at 4yrs ownership at end of May and will be bringing in my vehicle for the 40,000km service (yes, I'm a very low mileage driver!). Tesla Mississauga quoted 750 for 2yr/40,000km service plus 300 for "extras" applied after Feb 2017. Also they suggested a 150 brake service. Does anyone know what was added after Feb and whether it's worth it to do them?

This will be my first service. I'm hoping to get potential problems fixed under warranty before it expires. I decided against the ESA due to cost and deductible. Plus my car has had no real issues despite being involved in 2 big accidents (which lowered my resale value and made upgrading too expensive).

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk