Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how much tesla insurance for model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious where you are located at what your coverage is. I'm getting quote for double what you say yours is. I'm in Riverside.
The wife says she wonders if you know that there are numerous individual variables that affect rates. There is probably one or more reasons why you are getting double the quote even if from the same insurance company. Comparisons are of no help.

Reactions: DCGOO
The wife says she wonders if you know that there are numerous individual variables that affect rates. There is probably one or more reasons why you are getting double the quote even if from the same insurance company. Comparisons are of no help.
Exactly correct. Pricing depends on your age, marital status, driving record, and the zip code you live in. I am paying $94 per month to Progressive, for my X. Plus I have the maximum optional accessory coverage ($5,000) because the car is wrapped. But I am 70 yo, married, squeaky clean driving record. I also have four covered vehicles, and homeowners w Progressive. If I moved 5 miles to the north (next zip code). it would be even less.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert

Exactly correct. Pricing depends on your age, marital status, driving record, and the zip code you live in. I am paying $94 per month to Progressive, for my X. Plus I have the maximum optional accessory coverage ($5,000) because the car is wrapped. But I am 70 yo, married, squeaky clean driving record. I also have four covered vehicles, and homeowners w Progressive. If I moved 5 miles to the north (next zip code). it would be even less.
I'm 58, married, no tickets or accidents. Two cars covered and home.

Exactly correct. Pricing depends on your age, marital status, driving record, and the zip code you live in.
Thanks for that info. I forgot to mention it. Wife (who was in that industry for many years) says it also depends on length of time driving (for newer drivers), amount of coverage, coverage options selected, deductible amount, type of car, cost of car, male or female driver (in many cases), recent moving violations, cost of past claims, whether a recent driving course was taken, and likely a few other things she forgot. It's a complex personal formula. Thus, why it is said, comparisons to other people are of no value.

Last edited:
I'm 58, married, no tickets or accidents. Two cars covered and home.
That makes no difference to me. I live in Indianapolis, in the city. My point simply was Insurance rates cannot be compared. There are too many variables. Tesla vehicles have so many safety features that statistically they are far less prone to accidents. OTOH, they are expensive to repair.