Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much $ to black vinyl wrap chrome around windows and door handles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_9440.JPG
Or less than $20 from your local Home Depot. Plus a few hours in the garage!

Reactions: utmo
I'm in AZ, and used Yelp to send out several Requests for Quotes to local vendors. It's super easy, I just opened Yelp and searched for "Vinyl Car Wrap", and it brought up several vendors, many of which had the ability to receive my blanket request for quote. I selected 4 vendors who had a solid 4.5 - 5 star ratings, and received quotes back within hours from every one of them. Interestingly, the quotes ranged from $300 - $1500 for what I requested, which was to us 3M vinyl to blackout the window trim, door handles and rear chrome panel (minus T and TESLA on hatch. It's a super easy way to get a ton of quotes, and even leverage one against the other if necessary. Hope this helps!

Must have been a bad plasti dip job. I power wash my car every week (rinse and spot dry) from a coin op. Then in the evening I use Optimum no wash and rinse. After 10k miles my plastidip still looks the same as first applied.

This exactly. As with most paints, prep is key! I've used plastidip as well as other brands and have had no issues with it peeling. I've taken them through automatic car washes as well with no issues.

The one thing you should do with those sprays is refresh them on an annual basis. When they dry out, they can be a pain and cause damage upon removal. Vinyl eventually does as well, but not for much much longer.

Hello All,

Just got my Mod3 and wanted to do a chrome delete in matt black. I was hoping you can direct me to a place in the Sacramento, CA area; and also about how much I might be expected to pay. I've been doing my research for diy stuff and making estimates, but wanted to know about professional options.