Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often you do your Tire Rotation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model y Owner. The Tesla manual say 6000 miles to rotate.
I drive 700 miles per month. I guess by Next year April i would have around 7000 miles.

Do you do it yourself? or go to Tesla service or other shop? and $$ ?

I have 19inch Continental tire.

I did it at 7500 miles. I did it myself as I had just bought the “ Modern Spare kit” and wanted to try it out. Is actually quite a bit of physical effort for an old guy due to high torque values so will probably have someone else next time. Measured tire wear and was even all the way around.

I never rotate tires. I drive on all-season tires, currently from Continental.

The only concession I make is that I always replace the two tires on both sides when the profile gets too low.

This is on a Model 3 RWD, and I don't race it.

I just rotated my M3 RWD tires at ~6,000 miles. On my last car (front wheel drive) I didn't rotate the tires and the fronts would hit the limit and need replacing. If I only replaced the front tires, the shop insisted on putting the new tires on the rear and then the rear tires got rotated to the front. Then those wouldn't last long and I'd be replacing them and again the new tires went on the rear. So with the M3 I'm hoping I can stretch them out evenly and do all four tires at the same time. Especially if I want to change make/model I don't like having non-matching tires on the front/back.

New Model y Owner. The Tesla manual say 6000 miles to rotate.
I drive 700 miles per month. I guess by Next year April i would have around 7000 miles.

Do you do it yourself? or go to Tesla service or other shop? and $$ ?

I have 19inch Continental tire.
After driving 6,300 miles and using my MY AWD for 15 months, I recently had my first tire rotation. Tesla's Mobile Service, operating from the Palo Alto Service Center in the San Francisco Bay Area, performed the rotation right in my driveway. This service was priced at $65 and took place in August 2023. Although the ranger advised against rotating the tires at this point, I requested it to be done since there is no harm in rotating them. Additionally, the manual suggests rotating the tires every 6,300 miles or sooner if there's a noticeable difference in tread depth.

Measure the tread. If different, rotate at suggested mileage. Get a quote from a few places. Not rocket science, but it is a bit of work. Esp if you don't have a spare tire and proper jacking equipment.
The manual appears to have a different recommendation, brkaus: "Tesla recommends rotating the tires on Model Y AWD vehicles every 6,250 miles or if the tread depth difference is 2/32 in or greater, whichever comes first."