Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Soon to Add Clearbra?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How soon after delivery can I have a professional add a "clearbra" of some sort? Has the paint fully cured? Is it best to let the paint sit for a few weeks before covering it?

Just wondering what you all think. I'm taking delivery 8 days after my car entered production, and I've heard other warnings about washing and waxing a new car shortly after delivery.

Thanks!

That was a brilliant choice. Just be sure to follow up with how to maintain the clear bra surface. While the rock chip problem is solved, you want to have an idea about how to maintain the film. The film is just a bit more sensitive to abrasion and it can't be buffed out. Keep vigilant for bird turds because they can etch the film if left there too long.

Just follow the usual vehicle maintenance procedures and it will look great for many years. You may want to consider a Ceramic paint Coating to give the film more resiliency from the elements. Otherwise, wax it every 4 months, garage it at night to protect it from the moisture and wash it at least every 2 weeks. And lastly, drive the 'dickens' out of it and get your moneys worth out of the film.

If you ever get caught in a dust storm out there, you will be really happy you protected the paint. Cheers.