TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to buy the correct used Headlight ?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by joer00, Jun 13, 2016.

1. joer00

joer00 Member

Repairing my ripped of front bumper I realized that unfortunately the plastic part where the upper bracket is fixed at the light is broken. Tesla quoted me 860 $ for a new light !

Ebay has gazillion of used lights, but how can I am sure to buy the right one ? Does anybody know if there are multiple light versions and wich fits which car ? Mine is a P85D produced 12/31/2014

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Most of these are from salvage cars. Any will work provide they were on a car with the tech package. Most of those available on eBay have broken tabs. One maybe two broken tabs are ok but no other damage is acceptable.