Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to charge in Odessa and Lubbock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a new S75 owner in Austin and would like to be able to visit West Texas, specifically Lubbock and Odessa. I can get to both, but recharging looks a little bleak. Any suggestions?

I know I'm late to this thread but I live in Lubbock and have a Tesla Home charger on 100 amp breaker so it a fairly quick charge and your welcome to use it if you would like.

This year, Tesla is building out the east-west Texas routes, so that it will be possible to drive from across Texas from DFW/Houston to El Paso (and beyond).

What's missing is the north-south route through the panhandle, connecting to New Mexico/Colorado.

A few months ago, we drove from Houston to Denver - and had to take the longer route north into central Kansas.

With previous ICE cars, we were able to drive cut across the panhandle and save 100 miles off the drive.

Hopefully once they complete the east-west SC network, along with the route down to South Padre (and SpaceX), they'll fill in the hole in the panhandle and connect it to the rest of Texas.

Thank you. I had an outlet installed at friends homes though, so I'm good in Lubbock and Odessa. Now if they can just get the Sweetwater Supercharger working again so that I can make it to Odessa.

I spoke to Tesla about Sweetwater yesterday and they said it's down and they suspect vandalism. I was planning to head to Dallas for Christmas from lubbock but now need to rethink. Trying to figure out if I can make it to Cisco.

Hi! What is the current charging situation in Lubbock? I am traveling from Corpus Christi to Lubbock for Thanksgiving. My concern is charging my Model X when I get there...
I am hoping someone in this forum might be willing to let me charge and/or tell me if there is destination charging at any of the Lubbock Hotels. I didn’t find any mapped but I optimistically thought-maybe the info is not updated...

Hi! What is the current charging situation in Lubbock? I am traveling from Corpus Christi to Lubbock for Thanksgiving. My concern is charging my Model X when I get there...
I am hoping someone in this forum might be willing to let me charge and/or tell me if there is destination charging at any of the Lubbock Hotels. I didn’t find any mapped but I optimistically thought-maybe the info is not updated...

PlugShare shows several homeowners willing to share. I’d contact them. It’s been my experience that wherever chargers are sparse, the homeowners tend to step up and fill the gap.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I've gotten to be on both sides--offering my home charging and using someone else's, and it was a really cool experience. I was the main charging in our city for adventurous Tesla travelers before the Superchargers got built along the interstate where I live. I looked forward to getting to help out another Tesla owner and sometimes get to chat with them about our favorite obsession. So don't feel that it's too weird. Go ahead and call or text a couple of them.

Hi, I’m visiting my child at Texas Tech for parents weekend. Any chance of getting my Model X charged?
Thanks
I don't know that this is a very good direct way to get your question to its intended audience. Did you look on Plugshare at the people sharing their charging resources? I would say contact them directly and ask. I see one just a little bit West of the Texas Tech campus that looks pretty good, but there haven't been any checkins on it yet, so I don't know how recently it was added. Contact them.

I am driving down from Denver and have to turn around and head back. Is there no where in lubbock to charge???
There are several comments before yours listing places to charge. Why are you asking if there is "no where in Lubbock to charge???" ? Contact some of these people who live there who are offering to charge and connect with them. You could probably leave your car there charging for a few hours and Uber to where you need to be temporarily. I see 11 public sites on Plugshare too, but most look like they are at hotels, so does not fit what your travel plan is.

Says I'll be getting there with only 16%
And I might recommend not getting there that low. Amarillo has a Supercharger and is 124 miles away. So you probably should fill up more there and then should have more than 16% when you get there.