Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to check your payments by looking in the source code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks - very helpful. It shows an amount equal to my deposit plus final payment (so the total value of the car less government grant). I made my final payment yesterday and used my reference number for the reference, rather than the invoice number.

I made my final payment yesterday and used my reference number for the reference, rather than the invoice number.

I used my invoice number as the reference on the payment.
So it looks like either will work. That’s a bit advanced for Tesla! :cool:

I’m not going to make my payment until I get a call/email/text about my delivery date, but I now know how to check. Thanks!

Odd, I've got a final invoice but I can't find the above in the source code. In fact I can't see a VIN anymore either and the webpage just says I'll be invited to configure based on my order date...

Is it a bit crazy that we are buying 40k+ cars and have to resort viewing source code for vin and now payments received?
Is it too much for tesla to send an email saying your car is now allocated, please pay ****. once paid and registered, a text saying your car registration is **** Please come to collect your car on ****. Too much to ask?

Is it a bit crazy that we are buying 40k+ cars and have to resort viewing source code for vin and now payments received?
Is it too much for tesla to send an email saying your car is now allocated, please pay ****. once paid and registered, a text saying your car registration is **** Please come to collect your car on ****. Too much to ask?
Yes, far too much! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip. Full payment still not showing up 9 hours after making it, and no response to the email I sent requesting confirmation either. Going to be an anxious night. Thought I'd finished viewing source on a regular basis once I got my VIN!

Reactions: Jez013
Many thanks for the tip. Paid using chaps through my bank yesterday lunchtime and showing up in source code this evening. Just now waiting for the magic text saying when I can pick up my new car.

My full payment finally showed up in source within the last hour or so, so that's at least 27 hours it took to appear for me. Given the variance in time taken for different people, I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a scheduled automated process but someone somewhere manually entering the data.

It's a nice relief to see this. Paid via Faster Payment yesterday and this appeared some time within the last couple of hours.

I send using the invoice number as the reference, as per the instructions on the invoice. Seems to have matched up (whether automatically or manually) just fine. Now I just need the car!

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 14.06.36.png

Damn I just did the first part of a split payment via Lloyd’s and forgot to add the invoice number. Now with any other companies I wouldn’t be concerned...

Hopefully if I add the invoice number to payment two tomorrow it will add up on their side.... :confused:

Damn I just did the first part of a split payment via Lloyd’s and forgot to add the invoice number. Now with any other companies I wouldn’t be concerned...

Hopefully if I add the invoice number to payment two tomorrow it will add up on their side.... :confused:

Did you add _anything_ as the reference number? I suspect you might need to get in touch and have them do some manual reconciliation in that case. :eek: