Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to deal with a paint issue 3 days after delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arrgghh. I've never had to deal with this. The car had what looked like hand smudges on the front the car. It has been raining everyday. Today I get a chance to hand wash it and wax it in gaps between showers.

Well, they are not hand smudges. It appears they burned the clear coat with a power buffer in a couple areas. It's visible, but it looks like a dirty car looks, not a damaged paint job. I hope it shows up in the delivery pictures we took, but we were inside a warehouse area.

Has anyone been through this before with Tesla, or any other automaker? How do you approach it? Is it a serious hassle?

I guess I will have them look at it, but what is strange is I booked an appointment at my nearest Service Center in Rancho Cucamonga, but it says they will meet me there at 2:30-4:30pm? Uh, I think that's Ranger Service. I did this through the phone app, which I fear might be buggy.

EDIT - OK, the Ranger service contacted me and set me up for Costa Mesa. We will see what happens.

They will fix it , may require a recoat of the clear coat. If the base coat is fine. Paint issues are common, i am 4/4 tesla , all new from P100 to 3, they all have defect that were fixed by service center via bodyshops. sucks to have a new car painted and break the factory paint, but its not uncommon.

My P100 had the same burned thru issue on the rear quarter panel, and was fixed by Avios.