Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get people so street race you...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how can I get people to street race me in the Tesla? In a normal car you could rev up the engine at a stoplight. But in the Tesla that obviously isn't an option. Combined with the fact that anyone who knows a lot about cars won't stoplight race against the Tesla because they know they will lose...

Any ideas?

Play some engine noise over the speakers?
Hand signals?
Roll down the windows and ask nicely?

Also before anyone gets angry I am talking about doing this in a different country to the USA so it's perfectly legal here. Obviously I don't want to condone anything illegal...

So how can I get people to street race me in the Tesla? In a normal car you could rev up the engine at a stoplight. But in the Tesla that obviously isn't an option. Combined with the fact that anyone who knows a lot about cars won't stoplight race against the Tesla because they know they will lose...

Any ideas?

Play some engine noise over the speakers?
Hand signals?
Roll down the windows and ask nicely?

Also before anyone gets angry I am talking about doing this in a different country to the USA so it's perfectly legal here. Obviously I don't want to condone anything illegal...

What country is stoplight racing on regular roads legal? I am asking this because I doubt very seriously you are ACTUALLY talking about a different country, but you could be.

Reactions: ricohman
Also before anyone gets angry I am talking about doing this in a different country to the USA so it's perfectly legal here.
David from Texas.png

logo.ashx

But street racing is still not legal here. :p

Was in Fort Worth TX the other weekend visiting family. We all were in the X heading to the Velvet Taco. Near a read light we inch up and notice a right hand Nissan (Can't remember the car but it was nice). Rolled the window down, and ask, "You want to have a go?" haha, He said, Oh Hell no. We all just busted out laughing. Talked for a bit, then the light turned green.
So, I guess the question would be, how do you convince someone to race a Tesla?

I don't know what is more amazing, that people who actually buy these cars actually want to initiate street racing (I'm assuming most people are more highly educated), or that we are supposed to somehow not care because you may kill non-Americans (again, demographics......more educated folks are typically less xenophobic).

If people want to street race and kill themselves, fine. I'm all about Darwin doing his job. Problem is, about 25% of fatalities from street racing are innocent bystanders. That is a HUGE percentage.

Go to a dragstrip. You won't kill other people, probably won't kill yourself, and frankly, won't look like a schmuck.

Lest you think I have a problem with racing, I have several cars, including a 67 GTO (which I don't drag race, but was kind of made for it), and a Porsche race car. I'm a nationally certified PCA instructor, as well.