Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to know if Ultra High Fidelity Sound is fully installed in Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my X a few days ago and I just enjoy it. I have the Ultra High Fidelity Sound but I'm so far not specifically impressed by the sound quality. It seems very low in the back and unbalanced, even with fader adjustment.

Do you know ho to determine if UHFS is fully installed? I've tried to look for the 17 speakers, but I couldn't not locate all of them. Does anybody knows were they are?

My UHFS did not start sounding good until after a few days of breaking it in... I parked the car, plugged in the charger, rolled down the window, put down a wheel chock, put the car in camper mode (neutral), turned it up to 9 (and later 10), dropped the key in the drivers seat, put on music with a lot of base, and then closed the garage door.

After a weekend of playing the music on high and breaking in the speakers over 48 hours... the sound was much better. Prior to putting some hours on the speakers I was very worried I made a mistake in ordering the UHFS....

My UHFS did not start sounding good until after a few days of breaking it in... I parked the car, plugged in the charger, rolled down the window, put down a wheel chock, put the car in camper mode (neutral), turned it up to 9 (and later 10), dropped the key in the drivers seat, put on music with a lot of base, and then closed the garage door.

After a weekend of playing the music on high and breaking in the speakers over 48 hours... the sound was much better. Prior to putting some hours on the speakers I was very worried I made a mistake in ordering the UHFS....

Have you considered the Light Harmonic upgrade, once that becomes available? Sounds compelling -- more than double the power, and much beefier speakers.

The Light Harmonic was on the list of things we considered until we learned that the Model X UHFS is improved over the Model S Premium system.

Once the LH system comes out we will think about it but most certainly be in the SECOND wave of adapters. They UHFS in the X is getting the job done for the moment and nothing seems horribly lacking... So the LH would have to offer a huge step up to get us to consider it.

UHFS is more than getting the job done right now.

The top of the list is the need to re-read the USB drive and reconnect the phone constantly.... and I am hoping that after a couple 8.x iterations that will be solved.