Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to manage 2 Teslas on a single account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

whitex

Sep 30, 2015
Seattle area, WA
Anyone with 2 Teslas on the same account our there who can tell me how the app access works, how to prevent one person from accidentally controlling the wrong vehicle? Can allow another account to control one of the Tesla's, then just create one account per vehicle, but keep the main one for all the paperwork and notifications?

<------ Check out my photo, so when you open the app, there's the "vehicles" tab, and in there, you can select from multiple cars to control as you wish.
Only one email can be used.
Thanks. So do you have to select the car each time you open the app? Any way to lock a default in settings or something to always open to a specific car? Both of ours are white Model S, so it may get confusing. My wife pre-heating my car instead of hers would suck for both of us (my battery charge used for nothing, her car freezing).

You will see the name of the car, and once a car is selected, anytime the app is opened, it stays on that car until you change it again in the Vehicle section.
When you say it stays on that car, does the selection persist over closing app or rebooting the phone, or do you have to choose every time the app is started? I close my app all the time as it seems to be eating up a lot of battery on my Android phone if I just leave it running in the background.

When you say it stays on that car, does the selection persist over closing app or rebooting the phone, or do you have to choose every time the app is started? I close my app all the time as it seems to be eating up a lot of battery on my Android phone if I just leave it running in the background.

The stock app remembers the last car you used. You *always* have to manually switch cars if you want to access a different car.

You will see the name of the car, and once a car is selected, anytime the app is opened, it stays on that car until you change it again in the Vehicle section.
The cars nickname is the same for both my model three and my model S. I don’t want it that Way. But If I change one nickname, it changes both nicknames. I want my wife to have her own car. She’s also a better driver than I am and I have paid $25,000 for auto drive on both of them and still don’t have it. And the auto drivers only registered to me so it says I am driving both cars at the same time. And I didn’t get a tax credit from buying my model ass a month ago! Thanks, Joe Biden you prick! Kind of funny Nancy drinks like a pig and her husband gets hammered? The alarms go off at the same parts of the road all the time, so I can never get a really good score. I’m not about 87 now because I went through a car wash without the car wash mode because they wouldn’t let me ride in the car. So my score went from 90 something down to 60 something from one car wash. Trying to get on the Beta program but these corners or a car passing in front of me when I’ve stopped at an intersection and a car drives by in front of me and my alarms go off. I love Tesla, but I’d like separation of the two cars and a few other things I guess!
I’m a little cranky today.