TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How to manage 2 Teslas on a single account

Discussion in 'Model S' started by whitex, Dec 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. whitex

whitex Active Member

Anyone with 2 Teslas on the same account our there who can tell me how the app access works, how to prevent one person from accidentally controlling the wrong vehicle? Can allow another account to control one of the Tesla's, then just create one account per vehicle, but keep the main one for all the paperwork and notifications?

2. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

<------ Check out my photo, so when you open the app, there's the "vehicles" tab, and in there, you can select from multiple cars to control as you wish.
    Only one email can be used.

3. whitex

whitex Active Member

Thanks. So do you have to select the car each time you open the app? Any way to lock a default in settings or something to always open to a specific car? Both of ours are white Model S, so it may get confusing. My wife pre-heating my car instead of hers would suck for both of us (my battery charge used for nothing, her car freezing).

4. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

You will see the name of the car, and once a car is selected, anytime the app is opened, it stays on that car until you change it again in the Vehicle section.

5. whitex

whitex Active Member

When you say it stays on that car, does the selection persist over closing app or rebooting the phone, or do you have to choose every time the app is started? I close my app all the time as it seems to be eating up a lot of battery on my Android phone if I just leave it running in the background.

6. harry

harry Member

For the Visible Tesla app (the one I use), the app remains pointed to the last car selected regardless of how long the app is closed between uses. It will remember that car until you tell it differently. It is easy to try it and you can see the action.

7. Naonak

Naonak Member

The stock app remembers the last car you used. You *always* have to manually switch cars if you want to access a different car.

8. whitex

whitex Active Member

Awesome! Thanks. That should solve my dillema. Do you only get notifications (interrupted charging, software updates, etc) only for the selected car, or both?

9. JPP

JPP Active Member

...both...

10. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

You can deselect the cars your don't want.
    All or none though