Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Use Tesla Pro App as End User?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Continue
Upgrade Later

No need for pro app.
That was not an option. But, even if I am able to access, eventually it would no longer be an option. So how do we use the app as an alternative?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 5.09.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 5.09.16 PM.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 43
That was not an option. But, even if I am able to access, eventually it would no longer be an option. So how do we use the app as an alternative?
You can log in to Tesla One as an External Partner using your Tesla credentials. Then navigate to More / Tesla Device Setup / Scan QR Code and scan the QR code behind your gateway door. You'll need to be nearby and connect to the gateway wifi each time you want to use the app.

Which firmware version are you running? Is there no "Upgrade later" link if you scroll to the bottom of that page above? I'm curious if they removed it altogether.

Last edited:
I practically self commissioned my Powerwall 2 system about a week ago. Tesla partner was having an issue so I took a look and gave it a try. Just created an account and it let me pretty much complete the process.

I still do have access to the old interface but only as a “Customer". At the very bottom there is a link to upgrade later and I can see the "power flow" screen on my iPad.

Do you not see that? My system just got an update last night and I still see it.

You can log in to Tesla One as an External Partner using your Tesla credentials. Then navigate to More / Tesla Device Setup / Scan QR Code and scan the QR code behind your gateway door. You'll need to be nearby and connect to the gateway wifi each time you want to use the app.
THANK YOU @offandonagain - this right here is what I've been searching for and was unable to find until now. Using this very simple procedure, I'm now able to log into my gateways with the Tesla One app and see stats, change settings, etc.

I want to try with my Powerwall 3s. I did not see a "More" option. Is these where you start in the app?

Bottom right of your screenshot.

For PW3 it's not straightforward unfortunately: the QR code to connect to its wifi is behind the glass cover. So you'd have to take a picture of the QR code while it was being installed or serviced.

Bottom right of your screenshot.

For PW3 it's not straightforward unfortunately: the QR code to connect to its wifi is behind the glass cover. So you'd have to take a picture of the QR code while it was being installed or serviced.
Also the screws that hold the cover on are one-use screws with a compressable gasket that needs replacement to maintain waterproof integrity.

Also the screws that hold the cover on are one-use screws with a compressable gasket that needs replacement to maintain waterproof integrity.
FWIW, my install team told me only the top two screws are the one-time use screws.

The good news is, I see in the Tesla One app, you can order these screws. It wasn't expensive and I think they came in a pack of 5 or 6 screws.

Reactions: EightBitWhit