Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Use Tesla Pro App as End User?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Continue
Upgrade Later

No need for pro app.
That was not an option. But, even if I am able to access, eventually it would no longer be an option. So how do we use the app as an alternative?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 5.09.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 5.09.16 PM.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 59
That was not an option. But, even if I am able to access, eventually it would no longer be an option. So how do we use the app as an alternative?
You can log in to Tesla One as an External Partner using your Tesla credentials. Then navigate to More / Tesla Device Setup / Scan QR Code and scan the QR code behind your gateway door. You'll need to be nearby and connect to the gateway wifi each time you want to use the app.

Which firmware version are you running? Is there no "Upgrade later" link if you scroll to the bottom of that page above? I'm curious if they removed it altogether.

Last edited:
I practically self commissioned my Powerwall 2 system about a week ago. Tesla partner was having an issue so I took a look and gave it a try. Just created an account and it let me pretty much complete the process.

I still do have access to the old interface but only as a “Customer". At the very bottom there is a link to upgrade later and I can see the "power flow" screen on my iPad.

Do you not see that? My system just got an update last night and I still see it.

You can log in to Tesla One as an External Partner using your Tesla credentials. Then navigate to More / Tesla Device Setup / Scan QR Code and scan the QR code behind your gateway door. You'll need to be nearby and connect to the gateway wifi each time you want to use the app.
THANK YOU @offandonagain - this right here is what I've been searching for and was unable to find until now. Using this very simple procedure, I'm now able to log into my gateways with the Tesla One app and see stats, change settings, etc.

I want to try with my Powerwall 3s. I did not see a "More" option. Is these where you start in the app?

Bottom right of your screenshot.

For PW3 it's not straightforward unfortunately: the QR code to connect to its wifi is behind the glass cover. So you'd have to take a picture of the QR code while it was being installed or serviced.

Bottom right of your screenshot.

For PW3 it's not straightforward unfortunately: the QR code to connect to its wifi is behind the glass cover. So you'd have to take a picture of the QR code while it was being installed or serviced.
Also the screws that hold the cover on are one-use screws with a compressable gasket that needs replacement to maintain waterproof integrity.

Also the screws that hold the cover on are one-use screws with a compressable gasket that needs replacement to maintain waterproof integrity.
FWIW, my install team told me only the top two screws are the one-time use screws.

The good news is, I see in the Tesla One app, you can order these screws. It wasn't expensive and I think they came in a pack of 5 or 6 screws.

Reactions: EightBitWhit
Hello guys. First timer here! Just bought Wall Connector and a Powerwall 2.
Discovered this thread because, like so many of you, I'm having trouble to "register/add" my powerwall to my home in the Tesla App.
For the Wall Connector, it was very easy.

But for the Powerwall, keep strugling (physical installation was 2 weeks ago, and setup by engineer was done last week) since then because I always get the error "already registered". I can access the powerwall via browser (just connected to powerwall wifi, and go to the ip - in my case, 192.168.91.1 - the password is the last 5 alphanumeric of the gateway password) - and I can see under compliance that my email is correctly entered.
So, why is it not showing up on my home in tesla app?

Also, I do see that in the graphical representation, my house is consuming electricity directly from the grid, and the battery is 20%.
Shouldn't be there a line between the grid, the powerwall and home as well? Hopefully I did upload correctly the printscreen:

1715182396610.png

any advice?
I'm still waiting from the installer (Tesla Partner) to install my solar panels, they are unbelievable busy with orders, they are still training team members (I can see it on their linkedin the posts), so not sure if this is still pending something from their side - I was not informed about this at least.

cheers people, and thank you in advance.

Using Tesla one, does it show your Tesla account details correct?

Also, try renaming your “Home” for the wall connector and then logout/log in to the regular Tesla app. Maybe even removing it and re-installing it may help.

Try those items and report back.

Also, I do see that in the graphical representation, my house is consuming electricity directly from the grid, and the battery is 20%.
Shouldn't be there a line between the grid, the powerwall and home as well? Hopefully I did upload correctly the printscreen:
Grid charging on or off (I'm guessing off). And what's your backup reserve set at? 20% possibly.

Using Tesla one, does it show your Tesla account details correct?

Also, try renaming your “Home” for the wall connector and then logout/log in to the regular Tesla app. Maybe even removing it and re-installing it may help.

Try those items and report back.

Grid charging on or off (I'm guessing off). And what's your backup reserve set at? 20% possibly.

Actually, in that view there is the battery buffer, so I would say reserve is set at 15%. When mine is set to 10% that view shows 14% when it’s at the reserve.

So, on Tesla One I'm unable to login, only options are Tesla Employee or Partner (if I select Partner, after fill in username/email and password, it states I'm no partner - it is true :) )

I've tried rename the home and logoff/logon, no success. I'd like to remove but no idea how, this app not very friendly.

Regarding the battery, no idea if it is charging, what is the reserve... I really need to ask the partner what is the status...

Thanks!

Do you have a Tesla account? That might be part of the issue. When I log into Tesla One it just redirects to a Tesla site. Tesla One is really an app for installers, but it can give you more details into how the system is working than is normally displayed for customers.

Do you have the regular Tesla app? That's where you would set battery reserve.

Do you have a Tesla account? That might be part of the issue. When I log into Tesla One it just redirects to a Tesla site. Tesla One is really an app for installers, but it can give you more details into how the system is working than is normally displayed for customers.

Do you have the regular Tesla app? That's where you would set battery reserve.

Yes I do have Tesla account - I can see my Wall charger properly, no issues there.
Below the error I got when I try to add the Powerwall
1715340615083.png

When I try to login on Tesla One app as a partner:

1715340941963.png

I've sent already 4 emails to emeasupport email but no luck ([email protected])

Btw, just tested to "go off grid", and battery is working - I can see a line between the powerwall and my home (when I connect directly to the powerwall using IP on any browser and successfully logon)

However, I cannot set any kind of values for reserve, etc, nor I'm able to "charge" the battery. It seems it is just idle, waiting for the solar panels to arrive - this is for sure dependency from the installer.

Oh well, I'll just create some pressure on the installer to schedule the solar panels installation and after that, get back again with the battery...