TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to Use Tesla S iOS app with two teslas

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jacobp, Dec 16, 2015.

1. jacobp

jacobp Member

Hello and happy holidays. Yesterday, my wife bought a CPO Tesla. We now have 2 Teslas and i was wondering if there is a way for us to use the Tesla iOS app with the two different cars. Any thoughts?

2. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Yes, make sure Tesla has them both on the same my.teslamotors.com account. Then you'll click on the menu button (top left) of the app and be able to switch between the two.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

You can easily do it if they are both connected to the same MyTesla Dashboard account (you can have Tesla change one if they aren't currently). Otherwise, your only option is to keep changing which login to use and then reload the app. With both on the same login, they phone app will prompt you which VIN and car name you want to connect to.

4. Mike K

Mike K Member

There's an option in the main menu to switch vehicles and then you get a screen like this:

3j1o9iQ.png

What I can't figure out how to change is the Remote S App. It is stuck on one car.

5. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Whoops, I hadn't thought about this. I've had an S for a couple of years and my other half recently ordered an X, but we used our own (separate) e-mail addresses. Maybe we can change one of them, or even change both to use a different address (seems best), so we can both access both cars. Anyone know if it's easy to get the e-mail address changed?

6. Mike K

Mike K Member

You can just contact Tesla and ask them to move the car to the other account. They'll ask for the email address of the other account. Easy peasy.

7. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Cool, thanks!