TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How's a vent mobile holder? Regarding point of view.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by TheDane, Apr 9, 2015.

1. TheDane

TheDane Member

HI guys,

Still waiting for my S to arrive (in a month or so), so I'm still preparing. I really like the ProClip holders and have used them in my previous cars.

I'm a bit worried regarding the one they made for Model S though. It seems as if, when sitting in normal driving position, the steering wheel would block the view of the vent area, so you can't see the screen of your mobile.

Here's their promo photo:
    http://blog.proclipusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tesla-mounted-iphone.jpg

Does anyone have any pictures taken from actual "point of view" when sitting in driving position, or at least tell me if they can see the "vent area" clearly or if it's blocked by the steering wheels?

2. blc1017

blc1017 Member

I can probably provide a picture later, but have the Proclip on my vent just to the right of my steering wheel, exactly as placed in the Proclip picture, and have had no problems at all seeing the screen for my iPhone while seated in the driver's seat.

3. TheDane

TheDane Member

That's good news, blc1017. What size iPhone you have, regular or Plus?

I have the Plus, and not sure if it will be "too big" in that area. I just prefer that placement, rather than in the lower-right corner of the touch screen.

4. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

We have two Tesla, and the ProClip mount to right of steering wheel (vent). My wife's car has that with the iPhone 6-plus mount, and my car with the regular iPhone-6 version. In my situation, the phone is entirely visible. Because the phone sits "centered" and my wife's 6+ is larger, the bottom left corner is blocked... but only maybe about 10-15% of the screen is eclipsed by the steering wheel. Overall, I'd say GET IT!

5. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I used the pro-clip mount for my iphone 5s. It's located to the right of the steering wheel on the vent. It does block part of the vent so the a/c is not as strong on that side. Sold my car and waiting for a new one so don't have any pics. Overall, I like the placement there since it's easy to see and i'm able to keep my eyes on the road.

6. TheDane

TheDane Member

I'm convinced! That's the one I will get. Thanks for all your feedback, now I can hit the ground running once my 85 arrives :)