Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Cable Hanger is Here (but beware of 'tab' issue....)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also slid the hanger into the bracket and heard it click, without mounting it and before reading this thread. I tried to loosen the tabs by inserting a screwdriver through the two open slits, but no luck. Maybe a longer and slimmer and more rigid screwdriver is needed? I managed to get the thing apart without breaking it by gently pulling apart at the top (i.e., the part above the Tesla symbol). I don't know if that's the best way, and I'm not recommending it, but it worked for me.

When it was clicked in place, I wished I had a photo of the two parts, so I'm posting one here for anyone who gets into this situation.

IMG_2924.jpg

I also slid the hanger into the bracket and heard it click, without mounting it and before reading this thread. I tried to loosen the tabs by inserting a screwdriver through the two open slits, but no luck. Maybe a longer and slimmer and more rigid screwdriver is needed? I managed to get the thing apart without breaking it by gently pulling apart at the top (i.e., the part above the Tesla symbol). I don't know if that's the best way, and I'm not recommending it, but it worked for me.

When it was clicked in place, I wished I had a photo of the two parts, so I'm posting one here for anyone who gets into this situation.

View attachment 497241

Thank you! I had this same issue with the newer model cable organizer. The tabs don't release the two parts, plus the entry point would be facing the wall anyway if you had to remove it from the wall. I don't really understand the reasoning behind this design.

Anyway, your solution of prying apart at the top above the Tesla logo worked like a charm. Adding this here since this is a top Google result for this issue.

Thank you! I had this same issue with the newer model cable organizer. The tabs don't release the two parts, plus the entry point would be facing the wall anyway if you had to remove it from the wall. I don't really understand the reasoning behind this design.

Anyway, your solution of prying apart at the top above the Tesla logo worked like a charm. Adding this here since this is a top Google result for this issue.
Thank you. That worked