Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hpwc gen3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daughter’s apartment complex didn’t renew the lease on their blink branded Evse. So I had the bright idea to approach them with they could just install a hpwc and let it bill thru Tesla. I see on the latest firmware to my car 2023.44.1 that there’s a note about paid destination chargers. So can anyone tell me with certainty that you can program a gen 3 hpwc to bill the car thru the Tesla app?

Um. Not sure, but one day I was running around tesla.com looking up Destination Chargers and their installation. As far as I can remember, the general hardware is the same, but there's some software running on it from Tesla or somebody that does the billing part. Don't think I chased down the cost; that may have involved actually contacting Tesla.

Tesla currently enables billing on accounts with 6 or more Wall Connectors. It sounds like the apartment complex only had a single charging station, which means they wouldn't be eligible for billing.

Commercial Use and Billing​

Property managers, developers and commercial real estate owners can join our growing network of Charging Partners by offering on-site EV charging. Install Wall Connectors as a public or private amenity to benefit from pay-per-use functionality and 24/7 remote monitoring while attracting customers with EV charging.
Property Requirements
Charging partners are expected to install six or more Wall Connectors at a single location to provide convenient charging access for facilities such as hotels, restaurants, offices or professionally managed apartment complexes.

Pay-Per-Use Charging​

If you have six or more Tesla Wall Connectors, you are eligible for access into Tesla Commercial Wall Connector Services*:

• Pay-for-Use Charging - Generate revenue on every charging session.
  • Tesla for Business Portal - Manage Tesla charging assets, set pricing, see usage analytics.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Tesla currently enables billing on accounts with 6 or more Wall Connectors. It sounds like the apartment complex only had a single charging station, which means they wouldn't be eligible for billing.

Thanks! They have two J1772 stations now, I was going to suggest they swap one of them as a trial ballon. Hmmm..... darn. It would be quite expensive for them to run 4 more stations.