Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huh. Extended warranty without Service plan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the only appropriate resolution will be a 1990's Style American Gladiators Joust!
joust_480_poster[1].jpg

To help those who are reading challenged, "serviced as recommended by Tesla" is not the same as serviced by Tesla. I think most of us here understand the difference.
Perhaps though it's more a distinction without a difference. There are no options for having the recommended service performed by anyone except Tesla, nor will there be if Tesla doesn't train outside mechanics, sell them test equipment, and provide manuals, none of which they do AFAIK.

To help those who are reading challenged, "serviced as recommended by Tesla" is not the same as serviced by Tesla. I think most of us here understand the difference.

I don't think eco5280 was trying to dispute that "serviced as recommended by Tesla" is not the same as serviced by Tesla as you mentioned.
But he is saying the ESA also refers to the user manual for the so called "recommended service".

Then, if you look at the user manual, the manual says that the service must be done by Tesla-certified Technician (page 93).
I don't know if there are any Tesla-certified technician out there or not (other than Tesla themselves)

Anyway, it is only best for all of us if they will really make the wording of the ESA clearer which I believe they should also do the same for the prepaid service plan.