Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 2019.16.2 Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for all the talk and excitement, what are the actual improvements?
Everything been working perfectly for me on the old software... but it's set to update tonight.

For HW3:
  • No confirmation nav on AP arrives, bringing us up to feature parity with HW2.5
  • Sentry mode options to have always on, with option to exclude home, work, favs
  • Lane departure avoidance/Emergency lane departure avoidance
  • New car visualizations
Bugs noticed so far:
  1. Car doesn't seem to wake from sleep as well. Have to open the app to get it to wake up more often. This might my be placebo but had it happen a couple of times already.
  2. Cars next to me in the visualization jump around a lot. Noticed this on some other youtube videos of people with this version.
  3. This morning as I placed the car into Park when i got into the garage at work, the windshield wipers just came on for no reason. Did hard reset on MCU and they continued running through that reset. Opening the door stopped them.

Also guys had my first full on scared of my life with autopilot. Cruising along at highway speeds and the blind spot detection warning came up saying it was limited. Was not raining or anything. Then autopilot went full brake stop. I swear I have never hit a accelerator pedal so hard. Mainly from the car stopping. Not sure what’s up but I know my HW3 car is no where as smooth as our HW2.5 car. Not even close. It’s very much over sensitive to a lot. That panic stop don’t know what that was about. Weirdly, my dash cam stop working after that. Strange. Had to reformat it again.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and OPRCE
Also guys had my first full on scared of my life with autopilot. Cruising along at highway speeds and the blind spot detection warning came up saying it was limited. Was not raining or anything. Then autopilot went full brake stop. I swear I have never hit a accelerator pedal so hard. Mainly from the car stopping. Not sure what’s up but I know my HW3 car is no where as smooth as our HW2.5 car. Not even close. It’s very much over sensitive to a lot. That panic stop don’t know what that was about. Weirdly, my dash cam stop working after that. Strange. Had to reformat it again.

Ouch, maybe I'm not in such a rush for that retrofit after all!

Hello everyone:

I took delivery of my Model 3 three weeks ago and received V2019.16.3.2 on Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'm on HW3 (have a May build). Like others have said, my wipers have come on randomly a few times and it's been more troublesome to wake the car since the update. Not a big deal, but weird.

Hello everyone:

I took delivery of my Model 3 three weeks ago and received V2019.16.3.2 on Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'm on HW3 (have a May build). Like others have said, my wipers have come on randomly a few times and it's been more troublesome to wake the car since the update. Not a big deal, but weird.
My wipers come on automatically, too! I just have auto disabled at this point rather than risk it swiping across a dry windshield with some dust debris.