Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3? M3 C-Pillar cameras spotted.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how they take care of elevation. Merging into truck trailers. Some sensors may not image but return a weighted distance value. They will not see a high cable for instance.

Do we know if Model 3 has B pillar cameras? Could the C pillar cameras just be a new position for the same camera on the S/X?

Bruce
Although I fully understand what you mean.....

Folks in this forum would crucify me if I said that the Model 3 had something that the Model S didn't have. Even if its a camera 2.5 feet behind where the S has its camera - so I wont say it.

I can hear it now.
ELON said that the M3 won't have anything that the MS didn't have.
ELON said..... They would have to test that camera in the C pillar
ELON said.....
ELON said.....

Do we know if Model 3 has B pillar cameras? Could the C pillar cameras just be a new position for the same camera on the S/X?

Bruce

It does. Other images show the same types of B pillar cameras as the Model S.

With that said, they could simply have been doing some A/B testing with B vs C pillar cameras and only plan on shipping one or the other. Given the cars are slightly different sizes, there could be reasons why the B pillar wouldn't work as well for the side cameras.

IF, and I know how conditionals work, Tesla has already figured out that they need more cameras to achieve FSD, then they lied to every HW2 purchaser.

Innovation is not inconsistent with honesty. Nor does it excuse fraud.

In order to lie or commit fraud, you must intend to deceive. What facts do you have that Tesla acted intentionally?

It makes more sense to me that Tesla originally thought that 8 cameras was sufficient but later determined that 10 cameras are necessary for FSD (if this is in fact the case).

To be successful in a lawsuit based on misrepresentation you need not prove it was intentional. Intentional misrepresentation gives rise to punitive damages but you need facts to prove intention. In many jurisdictions, pleading fraud and not proving it sets you up for significant costs, not to mention a libel lawsuit.

If you are surprised or annoyed that people prefer not to be defrauded, then you don't know people very well.

You're right about that. People are quick to jump to conclusions with scant, if any, evidence in support. But that's because most people have never run a business. Those who have know well the proverb that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Reactions: EV-lutioin
In order to lie or commit fraud, you must intend to deceive. What facts do you have that Tesla acted intentionally?

It makes more sense to me that Tesla originally thought that 8 cameras was sufficient but later determined that 10 cameras are necessary for FSD (if this is in fact the case).

To be successful in a lawsuit based on misrepresentation you need not prove it was intentional. Intentional misrepresentation gives rise to punitive damages but you need facts to prove intention. In many jurisdictions, pleading fraud and not proving it sets you up for significant costs, not to mention a libel lawsuit.

You're right about that. People are quick to jump to conclusions with scant, if any, evidence in support. But that's because most people have never run a business. Those who have know well the proverb that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
My good fellow, no one ever doubted your allegiance.

Are you long TSLA?

My good fellow, no one ever doubted your allegiance.

Thanks for answering the question.

I thought you might the type of person that calls someone a liar or fraud when they mistakenly say something. I've been honestly wrong many times before. I much prefer people who give the benefit of any doubt when there are no facts to suggest otherwise. Then again, you are named "Disagree" by choice so we know the kind of person you are. You obviously thrive on conflict. I do my best to avoid people like you in my personal life. Life's too short to deal with negative people. Plus, your arguments are so illogical, you refuse to answer an easy question and deflect instead...

Are you long TSLA?

In fact, I am. But I've criticized Tesla many times here.

I'm also not so naive to think that my comments posted here can cause any fluctuation in the stock price but thanks for granting me that power. :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot, saying I am TSLA long is a way for you to support your unsubstantiated claim that Tesla set out to defraud you. More good logic.