Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyperloop Construction Starts 2016 With the First Full-Scale Track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scrap that... "Both companies" have same CEO: Dirk Ahlborn ergo Hyperloop Technologies Inc. is the Hyperloop Transportation Technologies mentioned in the OP.

OK, who will go to the valley and post the pictures where the whole thing will start?

Don't worry -they won't have any trouble getting heavy media coverage for this project :)

Scrap that... "Both companies" have same CEO: Dirk Ahlborn ergo Hyperloop Technologies Inc. is the Hyperloop Transportation Technologies mentioned in the OP.

OK, who will go to the valley and post the pictures where the whole thing will start?

No, they are two totally separate companies. The CEO of Hyperloop Technologies is Brogan BamBrogan, formerly of SpaceX. (Dirk Ahlborn has nothing to do with this company, to my knowledge.)

Hyperloop Technologies (Brogan's company) is focused on creating a freight-only Hyperloop between LA and Las Vegas.

Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (Dirk Ahlborn's company) is focused on creating the 200mph passenger test track in the CA central valley.

This is literally going to put Quay Valley on the map. Like Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook.
Monorail … monorail … MONORAIL! :)

Well, sir, there's nothin' on earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car hyperloop!

I'm only left with three questions:

1. Is there a chance the track could bend?
  2. What about us brain-dead slobs?
  3. Were you sent here by the devil?
That is all.

Indeed, I expect the most serious one will eventually join forces and succeed.

It was interesting listening to Dirk Ahlborn talk about his plans (but I wanted to just reach through the screen and beat that woman senseless). Thanks for posting (even if it was Fox News).

I'm eager to see some of the plans start to come to fruition. But the fact that it's fully elevated and 700 miles per hour is really scary. One or two well placed explosives can be catastrophic. I always assumed it would be a buried system, much like a subway. Much harder to take down.

I was involved with HTT for a second and received a contract as a "Senior Project/Operations Manager". However, truth be told, I'm hedging my bets on Brogan Bam-Brogan given his background with SpaceX and significant funding/backing from Shervin Pishewar......

Hope you're right. Imagine a world where that route wasn't overrun by semis....

(I-15 LA to LV)

Last edited: