Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-10 Closed Between Texas & Louisiana [March 15, 2016-March21, 2016]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
FYI, the Sabine River flooding has closed I-10 east & westbound at the Texas / Louisiana state line. Most crossings are impassible as far north as Toledo Bend. TXDOT recommends I-20 to Shreveport then I-49 to Baton Rouge as the alternate (shame we didn't get I-20/I-49 completed last year as promised at one point).

It MAY be possible to go south along the coast (Beaumont, Port Arthur, Holly Beach and then back up to Lake Charles).

The actual closure dates will change - March 21 is the current date on the TXDOT site.

Check with TXDOT: DriveTexas
and LADOT: Louisiana DOT Traveler Information

another routing to go east could be found by heading east from the Huntsville SC, I used Waze to route me from there to Lake Charles LA via the "backroads" which also allows you to bypass the Houston traffic

No, those routes, with the possible exception of US-190 are all closed. US-190 has opened and closed at one point, but you'd want to stay close to someone local who knows, since that puts you well on a potential one-way trip.