Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am disappointed with the lane assist blind spot warning performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And while you’re at it, you might as well get a proper car that has a combustion engine and a hand crank to start. :rolleyes:

Yes, proper driving is important, but technology moves on, and Tesla is missing an assist feature that has been the norm for a decade already (at least in German cars of a similar price) that should be relatively easy for them to implement.
Totally agree...

Reactions: Bogobec
I love Tesla as much as the next person, but the apologists over the blind spot warning gets old.

The lectures on mirror position or turning your head gets old.

#truth

This is simply a safety aid / driver assist feature that will help prevent accidents in the event that the driver of the car isn't 100% perfect over their lifetime. Obviously if you have perfect mirrors and never make a mistake when you check your blind spot then you have no use for this particular aid. For the rest of us, there is fortunately a technical solution to this problem that Tesla is egregiously behind the times on.

Tesla thought they could solve it with ultrasonic sensors - they were wrong. Now I assume they think they can solve it with the cameras since they didn't include real blind spot detection in AP2 hardware - hopefully they will, but as of today they have not.