Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am new here and also with my Tesla model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody, good morning. I recently acquired my brand new 2022 Tesla model 3 DM/LR. OMG whatta great sensation to be able to drive my own tesla model 3. It had only 5 miles. Ok, two question that I have here, I am sure that must of you have the answer. One, where is located the USB connector for the sentry/dashcam so I can connect a memory drive (anything from pen drive, SSD, etc. ). Where is exactly located? Second, how I can do to bring up, or to see alive what my dashcam is "seeing/recording" ? sort to speak?.

Thank you for having me, thank you for allowing me to participate in this prestigious forum. I will try contribute with all of you in this forum. Thx to all of u

Hello everybody, good morning. I recently acquired my brand new 2022 Tesla model 3 DM/LR. OMG whatta great sensation to be able to drive my own tesla model 3. It had only 5 miles. Ok, two question that I have here, I am sure that must of you have the answer. One, where is located the USB connector for the sentry/dashcam so I can connect a memory drive (anything from pen drive, SSD, etc. ). Where is exactly located? Second, how I can do to bring up, or to see alive what my dashcam is "seeing/recording" ? sort to speak?.

Thank you for having me, thank you for allowing me to participate in this prestigious forum. I will try contribute with all of you in this forum. Thx to all of u
Welcome to the M3 family. If it’s a new M3, it already has a thumb drive in it. It’s located in the glove box.
I don’t fully understand the second question. You could click the camera icon at the bottom of the screen to see what the camera is seeing. You could also use the live view on the app to see what’s happening around your Tesla.
Enjoy your Tesla.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the party! I've found TMC to be a great source of tribal knowledge of our really amazing and cool cars. It seems that >85% of the questions I have are pretty easily answered via the search engine. I've also cruised through many older threads, giving me a much deeper understanding of what makes HAL tick. That said, I'm a child of technology and a pilot, so I really dig getting my head and hands around machines.

OTOH, you might just want to jump in your new Tesla and drive...!
😎🤣

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Upvote 0

The newer cars like your come with a USB stick already installed to a connector in the glove compartment (the last I recall, mins is an older year and doesnt have this). And if you tap the apps button along the bottom of the screen you can bring up a menu of app icons, and choose the Dashcam Viewer to view/delete saved videos (assuming you have any).

Upvote 0
Hello all. I picked up my new M3LR this week (first Tesla). Phenomenal car! One question. I set precondition to 9AM each day. On the weekends, I may not go out till the afternoon. As long as the car is plugged in, is there any problem running preconditioning/interior temperature for several hours?

Upvote 0
The newer cars like your come with a USB stick already installed to a connector in the glove compartment (the last I recall, mins is an older year and doesnt have this). And if you tap the apps button along the bottom of the screen you can bring up a menu of app icons, and choose the Dashcam Viewer to view/delete saved videos (assuming you have any).
Ty drtimhill for your kind and promptly answers. Pls, do you mind if you could explain this in a much more detal, for me/others? in advanced tyvm. Here's the statement from you that I'm referring from "And if you tap the apps button along the bottom of the screen"

ty

Upvote 0
Welcome to the M3 family. If it’s a new M3, it already has a thumb drive in it. It’s located in the glove box.
I don’t fully understand the second question. You could click the camera icon at the bottom of the screen to see what the camera is seeing. You could also use the live view on the app to see what’s happening around your Tesla.
Enjoy your Tesla.
Ty so much GeoG for taking your valuable time and answer muy questions. Regarding my question, yes, what you kindly are saying here is right, clicking the camera icon in the car's tablet, and I will see the cameras. What I am specifically refering here is the Dashcam. The one that is located inside of the car just above of the rear mirror

Upvote 0
Ty so much GeoG for taking your valuable time and answer muy questions. Regarding my question, yes, what you kindly are saying here is right, clicking the camera icon in the car's tablet, and I will see the cameras. What I am specifically refering here is the Dashcam. The one that is located inside of the car just above of the rear mirror
You can read the manual for more details on how to use Dashcam:
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

To view your dashcam footage, you can either open that app from the app launcher on the bottom bar, or add it permanently by customizing your bottom bar:
GUID-A9453920-A048-4311-A3E5-246335FA4004-online-en-US.png

Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

Here's a video showing how to customize the bottom bar:

Upvote 0
Ty drtimhill for your kind and promptly answers. Pls, do you mind if you could explain this in a much more detal, for me/others? in advanced tyvm. Here's the statement from you that I'm referring from "And if you tap the apps button along the bottom of the screen"

ty
Yeah I know .. unfortunately I'm away from my car so can't give you the exact buttons and didn't want to tell you the wrong thing, so this might be an exercise in learning the UI a bit (someone else can probably point you to the right icons .. Tesla changed them all recently and there was general consensus that the move was bad since the new ones were pretty but rather poorly chosen, the audio player icon for example used to be a musical note, and now its an orange square with some vertical lines that I think are meant to represent slider controls).

As guidance, the bottom black strip of the display shows stuff like temperature up/down, and, in the middle part, a set of "app icons" (stupid name, someone at Tesla should be shot). ONE of those is the "choose app" icon (you will NEVER guess which by looking at them), and this pops up a list of apps that you can open. You should probably spend a while seeing what each one does .. and just for fun see if you can guess from the icon what you think it will do :) (None of them will make the car explode, dont worry.)

Upvote 0
Yeah I know .. unfortunately I'm away from my car so can't give you the exact buttons and didn't want to tell you the wrong thing, so this might be an exercise in learning the UI a bit (someone else can probably point you to the right icons .. Tesla changed them all recently and there was general consensus that the move was bad since the new ones were pretty but rather poorly chosen, the audio player icon for example used to be a musical note, and now its an orange square with some vertical lines that I think are meant to represent slider controls).

As guidance, the bottom black strip of the display shows stuff like temperature up/down, and, in the middle part, a set of "app icons" (stupid name, someone at Tesla should be shot). ONE of those is the "choose app" icon (you will NEVER guess which by looking at them), and this pops up a list of apps that you can open. You should probably spend a while seeing what each one does .. and just for fun see if you can guess from the icon what you think it will do :) (None of them will make the car explode, dont worry.)
Ty so much drtimhill. I like the way you express the ideas here. Good mud is essencial for this. Ty again.

Upvote 0