Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't locate a very annoying rattle.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I located the rattle
I found where the noise is coming! The top window is slightly moving up and down when I push on it with my finger. And when it does, it makes the noise... Not sure if this is related but Tesla had to replace this window shortly after delivery because the front and rear roof windows were not flush.

I scheduled another appointment with Tesla SF but I'm worried they will tell me it's not covered by the warranty because it's considered a rattle. What do you guys think?

Update: Tesla fixed it for free!

I dropped the car for this issue and another issue with the window regulator. Tesla fixed both issues for free.

take off the door panels and secure everything behind there with tape. I had a similar noise in the front passenger door. The place where the speaker grille meets the door panel was rattling. I taped it with some tesa tape and it is gone

So it was rattling from front driver's speaker area intermittently when I am on the road that is a little bumpy. I took the door panel apart and used the felt tape to tape one of the wires that I thought was making the noise. Went for a test drive and rattling still there. When I tap on the top left of the speaker grill, it will rattle. So as I was driving, I put my finger against what's showing in the picture, the noise was GONE! Now I have to find something to wedge it in there.
IMG_2031.jpg

Reactions: Magnets! and KenC
So it was rattling from front driver's speaker area intermittently when I am on the road that is a little bumpy. I took the door panel apart and used the felt tape to tape one of the wires that I thought was making the noise. Went for a test drive and rattling still there. When I tap on the top left of the speaker grill, it will rattle. So as I was driving, I put my finger against what's showing in the picture, the noise was GONE! Now I have to find something to wedge it in there. View attachment 539823
I have the same issue, if i pull the leathery plastic outer shell away from the hard plastic door pocket insert the reverberation goes away. I need to get some foam to stick in between the two