Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I created an iMessage app that lets you share media control access with someone for 1 hour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I created a simple iMessage app that lets you create and share a media control session with someone for 1 hour. This is iOS only for now (obviously) but may expand it later on. I also thought about including more functionality such as if you wanted to share more than just media control with someone, for example if you were renting it out.

Currently it doesn't rely on any backend server (except Tesla's) but creating a stand alone app that works across platform would require one. Everything is embedded in the iMessage itself.

There are things I would like to add. For example if you have more than one vehicle it only selects the first for now. I would love to hear your feedback on it and any suggestions for expanding it further.

Screenshots
Beta Link

I created a simple iMessage app that lets you create and share a media control session with someone for 1 hour. This is iOS only for now (obviously) but may expand it later on. I also thought about including more functionality such as if you wanted to share more than just media control with someone, for example if you were renting it out.

Currently it doesn't rely on any backend server (except Tesla's) but creating a stand alone app that works across platform would require one. Everything is embedded in the iMessage itself.

There are things I would like to add. For example if you have more than one vehicle it only selects the first for now. I would love to hear your feedback on it and any suggestions for expanding it further.

Screenshots
Beta Link
Very cool. My v9 update failed to install so I'm waiting for another update. Looking forward to trying this out.

See this is more along the lines of what they should do with the media controls. Not everyone should have full access through the Tesla app.
I'd even go for a QR code that appears on the screen gives control through the life of that particular trip.

See this is more along the lines of what they should do with the media controls. Not everyone should have full access through the Tesla app.
I'd even go for a QR code that appears on the screen gives control through the life of that particular trip.

I agree, I think the way it’s implemented in the mobile app today is kind of pointless. Luckily it gave us the APIs though so we can extend that functionality.