TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I did it! Model S 70D...after creeping on this site for a year

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mike5454, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Mike5454

Mike5454 Member

Well I pulled the trigger this AM. I actually had a deposit on a Model X for the last year, but based upon what I have been reading, it may be a year before I would get mine. Thank you all for the information on this forum. I was able to secure financing from Alliant CU and it could not have been easier. It took ten minutes. They really get Tesla. I would have never considered them before reading the posts here.

I have had SUVs for 10+ years. First sedan in over 15 years. I upgraded everything except air suspension and wheels. I am hoping I do not regret not doing that.

Thank you all for the information here...it is more valuable than you know.

Mike

2. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Congratulations! Picking up my 70D tomorrow. I also didn't opt for the air suspension or the wheels.

3. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Don't forget to check your local Tesla store for regional inventory availability. You may not have to do an online order - there is a possibility you can pick one up quickly.

4. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Congrats!!! You simply won't regret it at all...

Jeff

5. Mike5454

Mike5454 Member

Exactly what happened. I ordered online and then the dealer found one in inventory in VA. This guarantees delivery in December and I get the tax benefit for this year and I got a slightly cheaper price..thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats..we have the exact same car

6. pedriscoll

pedriscoll Active Member

Congratulations!! You will love the car. I have an 85D. I opted for coil springs and have not regretted it at all. The car is a dream to drive. After 5 months and 9200 miles I still have the Tesla smile every day on my commute.

7. Poison Dart Brew

Congrats from Western Mass!! You will love it, 7,200 miles in almost 3 months.