Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't want "hate mail" but I have some issues with the Model 3:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the frunk push down is typical of many front trunk lids. I've had 2 of my last three that required an even push on both sides of the emblems.

Both of those cars also had windows that dropped to open and raised on closing. Both had mo molding metal around the glass.

ah, we have 5 settings and each one has it's place. Do you live where it's cold enough to need heated seats? My Sienna sits in the driveway where it gets into the 20's and 30's--nothing like other parts of the country, but leather seats can be mighty cold if you aren't wearing ski pants. :)
Yes I do and I've never needed more than three.

And what is your UI suggestion for all these settings?

Door release latches -- Are you talking about the emergency latch? It's not meant for regular door opening.
Yes, the emergency latch that another poster started a thread about, on this forum. They are concerned about passengers damaging their Tesla by utilizing the lever instead of the correct button. I'm not sure "button" and "lever" are the correct terminology, but I guess you get my drift.

ah, we have 5 settings and each one has it's place. Do you live where it's cold enough to need heated seats? My Sienna sits in the driveway where it gets into the 20's and 30's--nothing like other parts of the country, but leather seats can be mighty cold if you aren't wearing ski pants. :)

That's why you can turn on the heat and seat warmers from your app before putting your bum in the car.

Spare tire -- None of our more recent cars had a spare. I guess it begs the question where have you been all these years or what have you been driving?
I have 3 vehicles; a trunk, van, and sedan. The sedan is a 2012 camry hybrid with a space saving spare. I've had to use it. I'd be apprehensive about being away from town with no spare. Does that seem strange to you all here? That someone might not like driving a vehicle with no spare? call me crazy. Or just call me different that you Tesla owners.

I just can't believe that this conversation about levels of heat in seats exists.

There must be absolutely nothing else to talk about. lol

I have 3 vehicles; a trunk, van, and sedan. The sedan is a 2012 camry hybrid with a space saving spare. I've had to use it. I'd be apprehensive about being away from town with no spare. Does that seem strange to you all here? That someone might not like driving a vehicle with no spare? call me crazy. Or just call me different that you Tesla owners.
You can always purchase a spare tire....

I'm sorry but had to laugh at the list. Doesn't sound like you don't own a Model 3 and are looking for issues to pick at. If you drove one don't think you'd have to ask what's so great about the car :D . I'll humor with my answers to the list anyway.

The heated seats -- We live in the same area as you and find either 1 or 2 is more than enough in the cold winter morning here. Only need to keep it on for a short time if we just get in and use it (sometimes precondition, so no problem there either) and the car's fan on heat or a/c works really fast to bring to temp. How sensitive is your personal "seat" that you need more "refined" temperature control?

Whoa !!! Wait-a-minute, WAIT-a-minute SMAIset, are you trying to tell us that you can manage to drive all the way to work without adjusting your seat heater in increments between 1.1 and 1.2 and 1.4 and 1.5? Oh my gosh. You mean you are so busy enjoying your Model 3 that you don't need to change it between 1.2 and 1.5 every few minutes? The current three levels is satisfactory? You are AMAZING. And you are also like the other 99.99% of the Model 3 owners. Can't speak to that non-owner OP"

Bless you SMAIset. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Stacks
that's another sticking point. I don't like touchscreens. I have a simple screen on my Toyota and thank goodness it doesn't do much, as I prefer discrete controls--knobs and switches--for direct, easy-to-locate, eyes-on-the-road, usability.
So why are you even considering a Model 3? And why isn't touchscreen control on your list of issues? That's a much bigger issue than anything you listed.

that's another sticking point. I don't like touchscreens. I have a simple screen on my Toyota and thank goodness it doesn't do much, as I prefer discrete controls--knobs and switches--for direct, easy-to-locate, eyes-on-the-road, usability.

Wait...hold on a min. This is getting ridiculous.

You have a problem with touchscreens? Do you realize this is a Tesla forum?

• Funny
Reactions: Runt8 and Dre78
Not sure I need 5 levels of seat heating. 36 degrees here today. I’ve preheated 10 min before heading to the car each time I’ve gone out. Can even pre-heat in the garage. No nasty fumes.

My one flat in the past 25 years... put on the spare and started driving. The metal part of the valve stem cane out of the rubber stem and I was stuck anyway. No one would even fix it as it was too old. I think 6 years, but possibly 10. So to me, a spare is just another tire to replace.

I do wish a spare tire was an option. Some of the BMWs now are designed to handle an optional compact spare. Given my current driving, I wouldn’t pay. But if I spent more time in the country I would.

1. Frunk is a gimmick and there is no reason to use it IMHO
2. UI would be a pain and I can't see why this would be necessary.
3. I agree it's dumb.
4. They should have put the spare tire in the frunk or made the well in the trunk big enough. I'd be fine with it being optional.

I'm sure I could find way more things wrong with any car :p

Frunk is a gimmick? GIMMICK? The Frunk is where the teenagers ride - if they behave like a normal teenager that his. Find one that is not, well, then they can run along beside the right rear door if they can keep up. ;)

Welp, this is clearly not the product for you. Fortunately, there are other manufacturers and one of them may be a better fit.