Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I drove a Roadster, thanks to MPT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So thanks to MPT, I got to drive a Roadster :biggrin:. Let me tell you, everyone that mentioned the EV Grin (or the other various names it has) are dead on. That grin is still creeping up when I think back about it. And the accerlation is great. It reminds me of a jet engine with the whine (and less noise obviously). I felt as if the Roadster would have wanted to take off the way MPT accelerated some times (he drove first then let me drive it). What makes all this even greater is the fact that I'm the only person that got to drive the Roadster as this was for the Green Day 2009 Event and he was only giving out rides :biggrin:.

I gotta say, I like the regen. I thought it was really cool the way you could just let off the accelerator and the car would slow down. After getting to drive the Roadster I am really looking forward to the Model S coming out.

So just thought I'd share that with everybody and here is a picture of me sitting in the driver seat of his Roadster. (Head looking forward so I can maybe add motion blur and have fun with the picture :tongue:) (Click to make bigger and then you can click the new picture to get the full size)

-Shark2k

Last edited:
So thanks to MPT, I got to drive a Roadster :biggrin:. Let me tell you, everyone that mentioned the EV Grin (or the other various names it has) are dead on. That grin is still creeping up when I think back about it. ...

-Shark2k
We can just see the corner of that grin from behind the mirror. But the creases in your cheeks tell the story. Looks like you were stretching it past what might be facially responsible.

It's quite a buzz when you get your first go, isn't it?

Looks like MPT was being generous with the drives though: Wall | Facebook

Got to drive a Tesla today. Was at a community green day in Watchung NJ and had the MINI E on display. The Tesla is owned by Michael who lives in the area and was giving rides for charity...he let me drive it on the main roads flat out. I thought the MINI E was quick, the Tesla is just sick fast. After a few miles in the Tesla the MINI E felt like a Rolls...Tesla is fast but it is also raw! Uploaded a couple of pics - sweet EV indeed.

It's quite a buzz when you get your first go, isn't it?

Looks like MPT was being generous with the drives though: Wall | Facebook

Yeah, it is quite a buzz when you get your first go.

That guy was actually an exhibitor at the fair. He is part of the Mini-E test program. Since he wasn't just somebody going to the fair like me, that is why MPT would have let him drive it. I was probably the only person who paid for the ride ($5 to go to charity) and got to drive it back to the High School.

vfx: I agree about using the word whine (thanks for pointing out I mis-spelled it by the way). It wouldn't be so bad if the word didn't have the negative connotation like you mentioned.

-Shark2k

Shark2K; you’re very welcome – good times!

It was a good day despite the miserable weather, we ended up doing 22 rides which is at least 44 more people that know what electrics are all about.

Chris Neff and I swapped keys for a circuit; he brought his MINI-E. It’s amazing to see how simple programming changes can influence the car so much; I posted my thoughts here The Torque Pedal - Page 7 - Tesla Motors Club Forum

Chris Neff and I swapped keys for a circuit; he brought his MINI-E. It’s amazing to see how simple programming changes can influence the car so much; I posted my thoughts here The Torque Pedal - Page 7 - Tesla Motors Club Forum

Yeah, I actually just read that. It would have been cool to drive the Mini-E also, but I am more than happy with having been able to drive the Roadster. I am still smiling when I think about it and will probably continue to do that until the end of the week probably :biggrin:

-Shark2k