Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel like I was lied to by my SC for repairs...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted about the issue I had before. The issue was an airbag malfunction alert for the front passenger side and that same seat gave me a false occupancy warning - both warnings showed on the instrument cluster.

Original Thread Here: Airbag Malfunction Warning & Adaptive Cruise Control Issue

The first time it happened, the SC said that it was just a loose connection and that they fixed it.

It happened again a few weeks later so I brought it back in. This time, they said that there was something underneath the seat that was obstructing a sensor or messing with a wire. The object, as they showed me, was an empty tissue paper/kleenex "can" that fits into a cup holder. And that kleenex can was empty.

The thing is, I distinctly remember that kleenex can still filled with tissues and actually in a cup holder before the same issue happened again. The issue popped up about a week prior to leaving for LA. On that trip to LA, I remember having to use the tissues from the can and that it became empty during the trip. So how, exactly, is it possible that it was the cause of the warnings--the same exact warnings I experienced a few weeks back?

And why is the seat designed that way where one small obstruction can cause a fairly critical malfunction underneath the seat?

I didn't argue with them because I had no proof otherwise to their claim. Either way, the issue was apparently fixed but I remember just seeing a post on here or reddit where someone said their airbag didn't deploy on a collision that should have warranted it. Now I'm kind of worried that the problem wasn't actually fixed.