TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I finally found a use for the web browser in the MCU

Discussion in 'Model X' started by AdamHLG, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

When we pick up the couple we go out with tonight, I'll leave this up on the screen. Lol.

Attached Files:

• Funny x 12
    • Like x 2
  2. bayx

bayx Member

I guess this is why my brand spanking new MX has so many issues right out of the factory!:p

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. bayx

bayx Member

Btw, why can't we access web browsers? Is there a workaround?

How were you able to get that pic on the MCU?:)

4. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

There is a web browser built into the MCU. I simply Googled the image and zoomed in.

• Like x 1
  5. zackmilo

zackmilo 2.2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

My friends Land Rover Discovery has this too. Pissed him off when he was getting gas. He knows what he'd rather have, but too afraid to admit it. Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 8.37.56 AM.png

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Believe it’s still broke in mcu2

7. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

Wha’ts the over/under on how long that image took to load? I’m guessing 2 minutes.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

What makes this reply funny is that it did take a couple of minutes. However there's a little bit more truth to what happened. When I opened the browser it tried to reload the last site I tried to load in a prior session that I guess had lots of coding or JavaScript or however they build web pages. When I entered a new URL to search Google for the image, it would not load Google for maybe the two minutes you joked about. My theory is that the web browser was not going to go to the new URL until it exhausted its ability to run it through all the code in the prior web page (which barely worked once it did actually load) ... but then it did go to Google finally. Once it loaded the basic Google page, all of the other links we're fairly quick.

However I am not arguing with you the browser sucks.

• Like x 1
  9. Ormond

Ormond Member

#9 Ormond, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Y'all should not be joking about the reefer madness that has its grip on our nation.

I'm kidding, but think it was very stupid of Elon to do on video.

10. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

• Love x 3
  11. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

#11 jboy210, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Works for me. But, the speed is highly dependent on the network. In my garage with 5GHz 300+ Mbps Wifi connection it is quick to load pages, even those with images. In the street with the 4G connection it is slooow.

12. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I don't know about you guys, but, I would rather Musk be himself then be a PC shill. The shill public persona might make you feel better, but is not better for execution and design.

• Like x 1
  13. nilspjac

nilspjac Member

The interview is over two hours, but well worth your time. Loved the conversation they had. Great for Tesla to have a CEO like Elon! The stock will rebound, no worries. (But for the love of all that is good, Elon, get more sleep!)

• Love x 1