Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I had a call from as sales representative at Tesla today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So not only is Tesla doing the 'hard sell' but now ignoring new customer wishes, forcing collection time/dates and sending texts to tell me to settle the outstanding balance.

Normal for Tesla. Sorry about that ...

FWIW and based on numerous similar messages from 1st time buyers over the years, the chances are 99.9% that you will love the car, and soon forgot about this and ... assuming you then buy another ... you'll be expecting lousy COMMs next time.

I'm a long time customer, have had 6 cars off Tesla over the years, PowerWalls, lots of referrals (but thanks for the Swag Tesla :) ) ... last one was a trade in of M3 for MY. I was happy with the offer, but they came back with a better revised offer and a "Click here to accept" which I did. No confirmation and MyTesla did not change. Whilst thinking "Normal for Tesla" I chased it up and received multiple emails with "Don't worry about it Sir, its just a snag with a new system here, we will honour the price". They never did; senior manager eventually contacted me the day before collection!! and said they were not going to honour it, and made no effort to appease me in any way, so "We can sell all we can make, long term happy customer makes no difference" applies too

There are lots of cars in the inventory at the moment, mostly for the reason the OP has mentioned. Cost of living has increased in the UK, the price of used cars have dropped considerably to what they were a few months ago (though most of those were previously overpriced because of the lack of new cars, but has now gone the opposite way). Higher interest rates and lower residuals are having a big impact as well.

There are rumours of new hardware coming to the cars HW4, potential a new radar system, these are likely the reason behind demo cars getting sold.

Sales calls and texts are nothing new for Tesla. They use them to offer "demand levers" to temporairly reduce inventory. Clear the decks of current production to make way for fresh incoming production. Tesla has good margins, so they can offer discounts and still remain profitable.
In the USA they are currently doing similar things as there is a proposed tax credit coming next year. Offering a "Bird in the Hand" discount for deliveries before the EOY for some is better than gambling that the tax credit will apply to them if they wait till 2023.
They are new for Tesla UK, at least for the 3 & Y. The only discounts you could get on them before were ex demo cars, never have they discounted new inventory cars in the UK. It is the first time that the car supply has exceeded demand since the launch of 3/Y in the UK.

Tesla has today doubled the incentives available in the US for Model 3 and Model Y deliveries before year end to USD7,500 for those prepared totake delivery between now and year end. Maybe other markets will follow?

Tesla has today doubled the incentives available in the US for Model 3 and Model Y deliveries before year end to USD7,500 for those prepared totake delivery between now and year end. Maybe other markets will follow?
Technically speaking, how many working days there are between today and year end for the UK? 3 days next week. How many sales can they push in these three days? Maybe a few but a car is not something that someone is waiting to buy on Boxing Day...

Reactions: boombap
I just got £5360 off a Model Y Performance (and the free 6000 miles). Collecting on 29h, ordered on 19th.
Nice saving. I'm tempted to give them a call as I'm borderline on changing my 2019 M3P. Bit concerned about the lack of parking sensors mind and what the "coming soon" Tesla Vision will actually deliver.

Great channel by the way. Met you up on the top of the Quantocks back in summer. You'll enjoy the way the Tesla boot will eat an MTB, I can easily get an e-mtb in the back of a Model 3 and the Y should be a dream. Enjoy it!

Nice saving. I'm tempted to give them a call as I'm borderline on changing my 2019 M3P. Bit concerned about the lack of parking sensors mind and what the "coming soon" Tesla Vision will actually deliver.

Great channel by the way. Met you up on the top of the Quantocks back in summer. You'll enjoy the way the Tesla boot will eat an MTB, I can easily get an e-mtb in the back of a Model 3 and the Y should be a dream. Enjoy it!
Yes, the parking sensors is a bit annoying for sure!

Ahh great to meet you up there! Such a good riding location. One of the reasons to get the Y was that I saw someone else transport their ebike in it, front wheel out and forks sat in the boot well - tons of space!

Ordered a White MY LR with black interior yesterday (22nd December), just waiting on a collection time slot. Expressed that I want to collect prior to the 31st so that I'm eligible for the 6000 free supercharger miles. It's an ex-demo car, located in Chelmsford, with 4,400 miles and I'm based in Aberdeen so got a long drive forthcoming back up the road.

The car was registered in August, anyone know by this date if USS will be present?

Got the car for £51,555 which is approximately £6,400 discount but clearly it would have been discounted given the mileage clocked up already. Still happy with the price, presuming the condition is close to new, as I was looking for a LR but considering RWD as well. Managed to get the LR for cheaper than the RWD in the end.

Anyone got a MY demo and what was your experience with the condition?

Definitely seems there is discounts to be had on <50 miles "demo" cars and the true demo cars from the existing inventory stock.

I bet they drop the price in 2023 otherwise everyone will wait until end of quarter to get the reductions.

Or there is facelift coming in 2023 and they don't want to be lumbered with 2022 model

But selling them on 2nd January onwards would also solve that problem, no new cars coming in 2023 Q1 until "somewhat after that"

My reading is it that they just want all stock converted to cash, in the Balance Sheet, by 31-Dec.

All sorts of reasons why they have more cars than back orders, and those will go away in 2023 (except the economy tanking and along with it the number of people buying new cars)

Meanwhile in Norway the sales of MY during 2022 have overtaken the previous best selling car ever (in a single year) which was the VW Beetle in 1969! - and 2022 sales aren't finished yet

Ordered a White MY LR with black interior yesterday (22nd December), just waiting on a collection time slot. Expressed that I want to collect prior to the 31st so that I'm eligible for the 6000 free supercharger miles. It's an ex-demo car, located in Chelmsford, with 4,400 miles and I'm based in Aberdeen so got a long drive forthcoming back up the road.
I don't think the 6k milage supercharger offer is available for pre-owned vehicles. Not sure if same is true for ex-demo?

Well it seems that Tesla UK is all over the place. After declining the previous deal I asked to be returned to the waiting list for next year but on the 23rd I had a phone call from a regional manager, after a talk and me explaining what happened he said he was in a position to get me a better deal. So followed his request to say I'm ready now, re-submitted my car for Part-Ex and after he told me they would be done in about 1 hour I could then move forward in getting a Model Y.

Its now the 28th and still waiting for the trade-in to be actioned, I even texted the manager who called as he sent me a text, no answer and then sent an email as he gave me his email address in the text but still nothing.....

So, I do wonder exactly what is going on as I was told any deal and super charger miles would be on a car picked up before the 31st December, lol.. and considering Tesla phoned, made big promises and then leave wondering whats happening I think Tesla isn't the car company for me as I'm done been messed about over and over again.

Reactions: CWT3LR and sam481
Well it seems that Tesla UK is all over the place. After declining the previous deal I asked to be returned to the waiting list for next year but on the 23rd I had a phone call from a regional manager, after a talk and me explaining what happened he said he was in a position to get me a better deal. So followed his request to say I'm ready now, re-submitted my car for Part-Ex and after he told me they would be done in about 1 hour I could then move forward in getting a Model Y.

Its now the 28th and still waiting for the trade-in to be actioned, I even texted the manager who called as he sent me a text, no answer and then sent an email as he gave me his email address in the text but still nothing.....

So, I do wonder exactly what is going on as I was told any deal and super charger miles would be on a car picked up before the 31st December, lol.. and considering Tesla phoned, made big promises and then leave wondering whats happening I think Tesla isn't the car company for me as I'm done been messed about over and over again.
As @WannabeOwner mentioned above, what they say or do over the phone/email doesn't mean they will follow through with it, the best option is to look what's available under existing inventory and order from there, some are discounted.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Status
Not open for further replies.