Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Hate to Read Car Manuals !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone like me? I am WORKING my way through the X manual. It is a slog to be sure, but I find I AM learning a bunch. I find that If I set a goal of just 5 pages a day, that I am making progress. Usually I read a few more because of momentum. The embarrassing thing is that many/most of the issues I post here are answered in the Manual. Still, I appreciate those of you who have the experience, have read the Manual and are blessed with patience. I am also learning not to cuss out newbies like myself who want answers NOW without researching the manual. I relate and appreciate. How do you get through the manual? Anyone actually Print it out and Underline??? Got to be some old-school codgers out there.

Glad to hear someone is reading the manual. Even for people who have never read a car owners manual before, please read this one. The S and X are unlike anything you've ever driven and there's a lot to understand in order to get the most enjoyment from your car.

Reactions: boaterva
I’ve read it ten times and lots of things aren’t even there since it’s technically 8.0 I think (the PDF we have access to). But as said I can’t stress how important it is to read it for this car. Maybe you can drive it without reading it but you won’t know really what you are doing. :D

I’ve gone through the manual before taking delivery of the car as it was a long 2 months wait. Not that I remembered everything but I did go through the whole thing.
Good approach because many times when you run into something it will jog your memory and you will at least recall that you read something about it.

And with a PDF copy you can search for it even if it’s not in the index! I believe the car manual is searchable also but I’ve had variable luck with that...