Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just de-wrapped my interior [removed aftermarket wrap]

PaulSu

Sep 11, 2019
Guelph, Ontario
I was starting to have some bubbling from my interior wrap, so I decided to try and fix it. When that fix went sideways, I just remove the wrap to restore the interior back to its former glossiness. I have a 2019 Model 3 SR+ with white interior.

I had the dash, console, and door switches, front and rear wrapper in 3M Carbon Fibre. I don't recall the company I purchased from. It was very clear that the 3M 2080 wrap is far superior to the 3M 1080 wrap for removal. The front console was wrapped with the 3M 1080 wrap and the dash was wrapped in 3M 2080. The dash wrap came off in one piece. The centre console with the 3M 1080 wrap was very brittle and came off in tiny little pieces. A huge pain.

If I had to do this again, which I might, I will make sure all the wrap is 3M 2080.

After taking the wrap off it's like I have a brand new car, and I'm not hating the gloss centre console.

Anyone else de-wrap their interiors?

Apprunner

Jul 2, 2019
So-cal
Instead of the wrap, they now sell entire pieces that just attach to the console so much less chance of bubbling. If I ever decide to de-wrap, i'll move onto those.

PaulSu

Sep 11, 2019
Guelph, Ontario
I noticed in direct sunlight there is some residue on the console and some micro scratches. I'm guessing the adhesive from the wrap wrecked a bit of the finish on the console.

Mahamilto

Feb 20, 2021
New York, NY
RLM Tesla carbon fiber dash replacement; someone else had their capping project go awry and RPM still took that ruined wood one as a core because ROM pulls the whole wood piece off anyway.

Just a thought.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy

ShaolinJ

Aug 5, 2020
Las Vegas
I have the center console shell from Abstract Ocean in white, and it looks exactly the same as the white dash. The only small downside is the weight prevents the phone cover from raising by itself, you have to lift it.

PaulSu

Sep 11, 2019
Guelph, Ontario
I forgot how bright my white dash is sunlight without a dark wrap. I might have to re-wrap my de-wrap. I noticed a video on YouTube from a company in the UK that will alcantara your dash.

TexasTezla

Feb 28, 2020
Texas
I just installed matte black covers for the piano black center console (crazy design choice for a place that is constantly touched!). $30 on Amazon and they are very impressive. Looks OEM. Just to clarify, they are hard covers and not wraps

Attachments

• Console.jpg
    Console.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 16

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC