Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just got my Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This car is simply amazing! Picked it up in Portland this afternoon. I don't know about these reviews that complain about "road noise" or "stiff ride". This is far and away the most awesome car I've ever driven. It's lightening fast, handles great and has, well, just about anything anyone could want in a car IMO. I've owned a G35 Coupe, Prelude, Leaf, Eagle Talon turbo, etc... But this car is miles better than any of them. The only car that even comes close in the handling was the Prelude and the 3 beats all of them for pure acceleration, hands down. There's absolutely nothing wrong with ride or road noise. I was really worried that maybe I'd be disappointed or I'd spent a lot of money for something that wasn't quite good enough, but that is not the case. I'm totally thrilled with this car.

Hello fellow Portlander. Im still waiting on my 3.....G35 Coupe handles pretty well. I have also owned an Eagle Talon(Mitsubishi Eclipse) Both of those handle very well so its exciting to hear its better than those.

what wheels did you get. 18s or 19s?

PS what color!

18" standard wheels. I'm sure you could probably improve the cornering even further with some different tires, but it seems to stick the road pretty damn well with the stock stuff. Of course, I'm not stupid enough to take it right to the edge, but so far it's pretty much a "your wish is my command" type of vehicle. It's tight. I did give it full power a couple times and even the "meager" single motor LR I have will put you back in the seat. I think some of the people that review these cars are jaded because they drive high end cars all the time, but coming from anything else, this car is AMAZE BALLS!

BTW, I'm not a "Portlander", I live in Salem, 50 miles south. The color is midnight silver. Seeing it in real life I'm quite happy with my color pick. I saw every color at the Tesla lot and I think I made the best choice. Sorry other color people, he he.

Last edited:
Reactions: nvx1977
This car is simply amazing! Picked it up in Portland this afternoon. I don't know about these reviews that complain about "road noise" or "stiff ride". This is far and away the most awesome car I've ever driven. It's lightening fast, handles great and has, well, just about anything anyone could want in a car IMO. I've owned a G35 Coupe, Prelude, Leaf, Eagle Talon turbo, etc... But this car is miles better than any of them. The only car that even comes close in the handling was the Prelude and the 3 beats all of them for pure acceleration, hands down. There's absolutely nothing wrong with ride or road noise. I was really worried that maybe I'd be disappointed or I'd spent a lot of money for something that wasn't quite good enough, but that is not the case. I'm totally thrilled with this car.

Welcome to the family!

Woah slow down there, better than your old diamond star? Come on now!
The Talon was by far the worst car I EVER owned. Bought it new and it basically fell apart after about 40,000 miles and I dumped when the mechanic at the dealership said, "I'd sell this ASAP if I were you." The turbo went out after 3 months and was replaced under warranty. It started leaking fluid in the rear trans axle after a couple years and burning lots of oil, the idle motor went out around year three required me to apply gas whenever I was stopped to keep the car running, and finally it started leaking oil out of the front of the engine not too long after that.

I got the Prelude after that and it was the best car I've ever owned as far as reliability. I sold it to my brother and combined it had nearly 200,000 miles on it. It's last act was to save my brother's life when he was hit by TWO semi-trucks in a major pile up on the freeway in a sudden snowstorm. The driver's door reinforcement saved him from being crushed. Great car.

The Talon was by far the worst car I EVER owned. Bought it new and it basically fell apart after about 40,000 miles and I dumped when the mechanic at the dealership said, "I'd sell this ASAP if I were you." The turbo went out after 3 months and was replaced under warranty. It started leaking fluid in the rear trans axle after a couple years and burning lots of oil, the idle motor went out around year three required me to apply gas whenever I was stopped to keep the car running, and finally it started leaking oil out of the front of the engine not too long after that.

I got the Prelude after that and it was the best car I've ever owned as far as reliability. I sold it to my brother and combined it had nearly 200,000 miles on it. It's last act was to save my brother's life when he was hit by TWO semi-trucks in a major pile up on the freeway in a sudden snowstorm. The driver's door reinforcement saved him from being crushed. Great car.

Lol I just traded in my lancer of 10 years. Only thing I had to replace was an oil pan at 8 years. 120,000 Miles.

What year Talon? Certainly some issues and we had to wrench on them, but they were fun and at the time one of the best ways to go fast.

What year Talon? Certainly some issues and we had to wrench on them, but they were fun and at the time one of the best ways to go fast.
Man it's been so long now! The Talon was 1991 TSi. The Prelude was a 1997 and the G35 Coupe was a 2004. The G35 was faster than the Prelude, but I thought the Prelude handled better. It very nimble and you could real feel the road when driving. I knew exactly what it would do if I threw it into a corner, I never trusted the G35 that much. The Prelude also NEVER needed anything other than routine maintenance in the six years I owned. The G35 was also gas hog, specially around town. I never managed more than about 18 mpg in town. That's why I got the Leaf. I was also quite disappointed that the G35 suffered four different electrical problems. I had to have the stereo replaced TWICE under warranty, the crank position sensor died (leaving me stranded), the electric seat failed, and finally I began to have intermittent warning lights of various types coming on the cabin. I think that was a problem with the computer or dash wiring because the car seemed to work just fine. I'd say my experience with the G35 was so, so...with hindsight, I should have driven the Prelude into the dirt.

Man it's been so long now! The Talon was 1991 TSi. The Prelude was a 1997 and the G35 Coupe was a 2004. The G35 was faster than the Prelude, but I thought the Prelude handled better. It very nimble and you could real feel the road when driving. I knew exactly what it would do if I threw it into a corner, I never trusted the G35 that much. The Prelude also NEVER needed anything other than routine maintenance in the six years I owned. The G35 was also gas hog, specially around town. I never managed more than about 18 mpg in town. That's why I got the Leaf. I was also quite disappointed that the G35 suffered four different electrical problems. I had to have the stereo replaced TWICE under warranty, the crank position sensor died (leaving me stranded), the electric seat failed, and finally I began to have intermittent warning lights of various types coming on the cabin. I think that was a problem with the computer or dash wiring because the car seemed to work just fine. I'd say my experience with the G35 was so, so...with hindsight, I should have driven the Prelude into the dirt.

Oh you did what I say never to do - buy an early build of a brand new car. Kind of like buying a Model 3P before anyone has even driven one! Karma is going to get me. Fingers crossed!