Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my model s plaid!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this. I do like some of the aftermarket yokes, but I'm content with keeping this one looking good. Nice to hear the wear issue has been resolved.
I ordered mine with yolk because there wasn't an option for round wheel then . It looks kool but not practical. If the turning radius /speed is affected in such a way that you aren't reaching constantly when turning in a parking lot or sharp turns i would have kept mine so i got the round wheel installed and it feels like a brand new car i love it

As a potential MSP customer this concerns me. What is the issue if it's not wheel or tires? suspension? Is there a fix?
My 2023 Plaid S is my 8th EV and has more strange noises than any prior EV. One frequent cause of low frequency reverberations I found on a forum was due to rear hatch rubber skewers not being adjusted even close so the rear hatch across l acts like a subwoofer. Another distinct vibration I feel through the pedals at lower speeds (only some of the time) is due to the condenser which runs even when climate control is off to heat or cool battery etc... I'm slightly annoyed by rattles/creaks in door/ dash inside a once-$100k+ car but that power now only bested by a 2.7x cost Sapphire makes up for it.

I ordered mine with yolk because there wasn't an option for round wheel then . It looks kool but not practical. If the turning radius /speed is affected in such a way that you aren't reaching constantly when turning in a parking lot or sharp turns i would have kept mine so i got the round wheel installed and it feels like a brand new car i love it

Getting my peeling yoke swapped out for a wheel also

I got this Secret EV yoke replacement steering wheel for my 2021 Plaid. The car and wheel have been phenomenal ever since.

Attachments

• IMG_3894.jpeg
    IMG_3894.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 86

WeaponX ... as in WeaponX motorsports?

Reactions: Caliboi707
The headlights on my 2022 MS LR were one of the reasons I sold and bought a Plaid with the updated lights. Our M3 LR was so much better than the S; it was sad.

If you go the track pack brakes, it really changes the Plaid. Not only is repeated high speed braking changed, but the updated tuning when in track mode is noticeable. It isn't remotely a one trick pony anymore.
Is there actually updated tuning for handling? I was out in the countryside today and engaged track mode and it transformed the car, suspension, handling - wow. I forget what a weapon it is with it enabled in Race preset, but I don’t have the track package.

Reactions: ICUDoc
Is there actually updated tuning for handling? I was out in the countryside today and engaged track mode and it transformed the car, suspension, handling - wow. I forget what a weapon it is with it enabled in Race preset, but I don’t have the track package.
Yes, they updated track mode when you get the track pack brakes. Don't know if they've done anything with the non-track pack brake cars.

I agree about how much track mode transforms the car. They should have an option to get some of the benefits when you don't need all the cooling aspects of it. So basically give me the torque vectoring for the rear in a normal street mode.

Reactions: SDRick
Yes, they updated track mode when you get the track pack brakes. Don't know if they've done anything with the non-track pack brake cars.

I agree about how much track mode transforms the car. They should have an option to get some of the benefits when you don't need all the cooling aspects of it. So basically give me the torque vectoring for the rear in a normal street mode.
Can you show a source for an updated track mode handling when you have the track pack brakes?

Reactions: Muzzman1
There is a youtube vid of someone who blasted around the 'Ring before and after. Here is his after vid talking about how much better balanced the car was and not just braking.
I feel like there’s some confirmation bias there. I feel like Tesla would have said something if it were the case. It’s also possible the software had been tweaked before this person drove with the specific track brakes. All I can say is when I used Track Mode yesterday it’s like a completely different car in terms of ride comfort and how flat the car keeps in the curves, not to mention the much greater regen etc. I don’t have the track pack, as mentioned, and I’m very, very skeptical about any handling improvements beyond what everyone gets. It doesn’t really make sense, if you think about it.

Reactions: WeaponX
I feel like there’s some confirmation bias there. I feel like Tesla would have said something if it were the case. It’s also possible the software had been tweaked before this person drove with the specific track brakes. All I can say is when I used Track Mode yesterday it’s like a completely different car in terms of ride comfort and how flat the car keeps in the curves, not to mention the much greater regen etc. I don’t have the track pack, as mentioned, and I’m very, very skeptical about any handling improvements beyond what everyone gets. It doesn’t really make sense, if you think about it.
On one hand I agree with you. On the other hand, they might have tweaked some things if they raised the top speed limiter to 200 mph. There were reports that the car felt somewhat unsettled at about 170 previously.

I've ran mine to the speed limiter with no feelings like that with the track pack brakes. In fairness though, I hadn't been above 160 prior to the brake upgrade, as I was already pushing the limits of the stock brakes. So maybe mine was a good example prior and I hadn't experienced it. It is surprisingly settled at the limit and I feel more confident about the brakes being able to shed off speed in a hurry.

Reactions: WeaponX