Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need to vent. I want to love this car, but I can't anymore.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give everyone an update on this. I have a service appointment scheduled to replace the rear glass, adjust the door, and look at the Trunk. I received an estimate from Tesla and they are treating the door and the trunk as good will service. I'm going to go out on a whim here and say the door will be adjusted, but I'm kind of doubtful on the trunk.

The original collision shop I was going through for the replacement glass was honestly taking forever. I've been waiting three weeks and the part had still not been ordered. So, I'm letting Tesla do it and they are getting the glass on Thursday. I am going to have insurance reimburse me once its complete. Not terrible - $500 in parts and $300 in labor. Totals around $900 after taxes. I was expecting upwards of $1200-$1500 so that was a pleasant surprise.

So, once this work is complete, I will learn to live with the minor imperfections. Thanks everyone for their advice and feedback. The tech of the car is truly amazing.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on this. I have a service appointment scheduled to replace the rear glass, adjust the door, and look at the Trunk. I received an estimate from Tesla and they are treating the door and the trunk as good will service. I'm going to go out on a whim here and say the door will be adjusted, but I'm kind of doubtful on the trunk.

The original collision shop I was going through for the replacement glass was honestly taking forever. I've been waiting three weeks and the part had still not been ordered. So, I'm letting Tesla do it and they are getting the glass on Thursday. I am going to have insurance reimburse me once its complete. Not terrible - $500 in parts and $300 in labor. Totals around $900 after taxes. I was expecting upwards of $1200-$1500 so that was a pleasant surprise.

So, once this work is complete, I will learn to live with the minor imperfections. Thanks everyone for their advice and feedback. The tech of the car is truly amazing.

Thank you for updating the thread. Many times, when the update is "tesla ended up helping me with this" we dont hear about it. I hope the door and trunk get to a passable state for you.

Reactions: TBrownTX
This. This right here. The technology and drivetrain are just amazing and far outweigh some of that small stuff. Are there imperfections? Yes. But I can find that on ANY car - even a Rolls Royce. There just happens to be this contingent that show up with micrometers (no joke!) and go off over things that they’d never see on another car. Gotta save that kind of precision for SpaceX. :)

I’ve learned to just drive the daylights out of it and enjoy the experience. Can’t sweat the small stuff or you’ll make yourself nuts.

Where'd you hear that from? Rochester appointments are 2 weeks out, but any of the Toronto locations are next day... can't cross the border though.

Buffalo desperately needs a service center. I've called or visit more than 15 tire shops and couldn't find a single one that'll do an alignment.
Service center front desk. Think his name was Garrett, think he lived in CO and is trying to move back there after living in upstate NY.

I'm gonna keep the updates here. I know a lot of threads die off and we never get the response. So I dropped the car off at 8:30am, was given a rental from enterprise. Said car would be done by tomorrow afternoon. Fast forward until now and I just got word the car is done. If I had known. I wouldn't have drove the hour and a half home. Looks like I'm heading back to pickup. Sounds like glass was replaced and door was adjusted. Not sure about the Trunk so we will see. More updates to follow

I'm gonna keep the updates here. I know a lot of threads die off and we never get the response. So I dropped the car off at 8:30am, was given a rental from enterprise. Said car would be done by tomorrow afternoon. Fast forward until now and I just got word the car is done. If I had known. I wouldn't have drove the hour and a half home. Looks like I'm heading back to pickup. Sounds like glass was replaced and door was adjusted. Not sure about the Trunk so we will see. More updates to follow
Fingers crossed! An experienced person could have busted all that out very quickly.

Tim

Reactions: ilikemypizza
Okay guys update time! Door.. Fixed! It was a fender adjustment. Rear glass replaced.

Trunk.. It's not perfect but it's much better. Some of the gaps seem wider but hey, its still better than it was so I'm going to live with it. I'll also say the door still isn't perfect but it is definitely better than it was before.

Overall, I'm happy they were able to make the slight adjustments. They did it all as goodwill service too so I appreciate it

Last edited:
Okay guys update time! Door.. Fixed! It was a fender adjustment. Rear glass replaced.

Trunk.. It's not perfect but it's much better. Some of the gaps seem wider but hey, its still better than it was so I'm going to live with it. I'll also say the door still isn't perfect but it is definitely better than it was before.

Overall, I'm happy they were able to make the slight adjustments. They did it all as goodwill service too so I appreciate it
Love it. Now how’s the car?

Love it. Now how’s the car?
I'll live with the minor imperfections now. But they definitely made them better so I'm happy they did give it an attempt and explained to me what they did

Yeah it was. I would say they closed the gap maybe 50% of what it was. They said the fender has to be pulled in closer to the door. It's still not perfect but I'm going to guess it's a manufacturing defect on some of the first refreshes

That's good it’s not the door, figured once they started messing with that, the seal would never be right again. Fender won’t cause any problems like that at all. Now go enjoy the car!

Tim

Reactions: ilikemypizza