Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I pickup my M3 tomorrow. Any suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pickup my M3 tomorrow. Any suggestions?I pickup my M3 tomorrow. Any suggestions? That's the long and short of it. I am hoping I am not making a mistake here. I purchased a 2018 Audi S4 December of 2018 as a CPO vechicle. On a whim basically I took a ride to Mt. Kisco a couple of weeks ago for a test drive in an M3. The rest is now history. Came home, put the S4 up for sale, got the price I was looking forward and here I am. Any commentary good or bad here would be appreciated.

First congrats! Delivery day can be nerve wracking in anticipation. Just look over the car well. Take photos of any damage and ask procedure if you have something minor to get addressed. You already took a test drive so know what to expect from the ride and handling. :D. So what did you order?

Had mine since September and still in love driving it.

BTW I understand they no longer equip the cars with phone cables or adapters like J-1772 (L2 like ChargePoint). You’ll need to order what you need on that front. Some people prefer the wireless charging route for their phones. Read the threads in the forum. Read the Manual, really. You should read up on dashcam/Sentry mode and cabin overheat protection. Right now on my husband’s car they don’t seem to work in conjunction with each other.

How will you be charging? Have them pair your phone for you, and keep a key card with you. I’ve needed mine a few times when for what ever reason I got prompted to place it in the center cup area. If you use your phone with Walk Away Lock set, always listen for the beep on exit, if not, check phone app to lock. The doors with new seals can require a firmer close to shut and if not closed completely won’t lock. If you use your key card to gain access, Walk Away Lock doesn’t work with it; need to use key card to relock. Just a few things to point out. Enjoy driving!

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: karn101
First congrats! Delivery day can be nerve wracking in anticipation. Just look over the car well. Take photos of any damage and ask procedure if you have something minor to get addressed. You already took a test drive so know what to expect from the ride and handling. :D. So what did you order?

Had mine since September and still in love driving it.

BTW I understand they no longer equip the cars with phone cables or adapters like J-1772 (L2 like ChargePoint). You’ll need to order what you need on that front. Some people prefer the wireless charging route for their phones. Read the threads in the forum. Read the Manual, really. You should read up on dashcam/Sentry mode and cabin overheat protection. Right now on my husband’s car they don’t seem to work in conjunction with each other.

How will you be charging? Have them pair your phone for you, and keep a key card with you. I’ve needed mine a few times when for what ever reason I got prompted to place it in the center cup area. If you use your phone with Walk Away Lock set, always listen for the beep on exit, if not, check phone app to lock. The doors with new seals can require a firmer close to shut and if not closed completely won’t lock. If you use your key card to gain access, Walk Away Lock doesn’t work with it; need to use key card to relock. Just a few things to point out. Enjoy driving!
They still ship them with the j1772 adapter, not the 14-50 240 volt adapter

They still ship them with the j1772 adapter, not the 14-50 240 volt adapter

I thought I read on here some only had the 110v adapter with their mobile connector. I bought when we got a decent range of them included, although only the J-1772 is used. We did a corded 14-50 mobile connect to be semi-permanent on our garage wall.

@Maybe_3 should make this one of those things to check out during delivery in case they don’t spend the time showing it to him.

Oh, also good idea to stop at a Supercharger and make sure you can charge there. Delivery center might have one on the property to check. But it’s helpful to have new owners be shown how to initiate charge and make sure the port opens. Also don’t lift the door.

Last edited:
I pickup my M3 tomorrow. Any suggestions?I pickup my M3 tomorrow. Any suggestions? That's the long and short of it. I am hoping I am not making a mistake here. I purchased a 2018 Audi S4 December of 2018 as a CPO vechicle. On a whim basically I took a ride to Mt. Kisco a couple of weeks ago for a test drive in an M3. The rest is now history. Came home, put the S4 up for sale, got the price I was looking forward and here I am. Any commentary good or bad here would be appreciated.
Spend time with your significant other tonight...tomorrow, you won’t be interested in doing so again for awhile

Congrats!!

Had mine a week. Here are some things I realised and hadn’t read much about:-

1. Turn the battery indicator to km rather than %. It really stops you worrying about range.

2. Remember to put it in park before getting out! I forgot on day 2. Luckily runaway protection saved me from hitting a curb!

3. Put the speed limit warning on!! You quickly find you are breaking the limits!

4. Don’t sit in the back when the child locks are on! I had to wind down the window to get out today!

Enjoy the car .. it is amazing!

I made this list:

Please feel free to add on
  • Door sills not flat, had bubbles
  • Wheel nuts fallen
  • Too many KM driven (average 5-8)
  • Moon Roof/ rear glass cracks
  • AC not working
  • Door alignment
  • Top glass alignment, not centred
  • Front licence plate falling off
  • Front headlight alignment
  • Check sentry mode
  • Main display, press everything to spot lag, GPS, voice assistant
  • Paint tape
  • Bumper alignment

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
I recall getting my wife’s 3 last August, we went over the car, listened to what the turn over Tesla reps had to say. My wife though not having other than a short test drive in a friends 3, some weeks before, got in adjusted the seat and zoom, she was gone. I got to drive our ICE vehicle home, never even catching a glimpse of her, till I pulled in the driveway.
Loving it ever since.