Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I pulled the trigger on a Model 3 today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you got LR RWD MSM Black 18” and have a delivery date before the end of june? Honestly that was what I was wanting from the beginning but couldn’t justify myself doing the extra 10k for the second motor. But for 5k with still premium interior and battery it was my perfect choice. I might change my order to that. (I have the same configuration as well but SR+, ordered a week ago without a VIN or delivery date). Do you have a vin?
Yes, I was told that the car would be delivered by June 30. I do not have a VIN yet as it is only 24 hours since I entered my order. Pretty sure there are none of these in current inventory so I do not expect a VIN until they make another batch of these, perhaps in a couple of weeks. They have 5 weeks and 2 days to make good on the delivery. Seems like most folks have recently gotten cars in under 4 weeks. Given the way the ramp up at the end of every quarter, I am hopeful for the June 30 delivery.

I'm curious to see how your wait is given you're bucking the trend of either SR+ or AWD models. Hopefully your wait isn't too painful, I'm almost exactly a month into my wait and they just delayed my delivery date 2 weeks, sigh. Best of luck!
Sorry you have had that wait. I am counting on the end of quarter rush to get me across the finish line by June 30.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
For what it's worth, the sales guy said that they were told that any orders in by May 31 WILL be delivered by June 30. I am hopeful that Tesla is highly motivated to make this happen to have a really good Q2 sales report. Also, I am counting on the $3,750 tax credit. We shall see...
My OA said the cut off was this weekend but I bet ask 4 separate stores and you will get 4 different answers. Oh well. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Yes, I was told that the car would be delivered by June 30. I do not have a VIN yet as it is only 24 hours since I entered my order. Pretty sure there are none of these in current inventory so I do not expect a VIN until they make another batch of these, perhaps in a couple of weeks. They have 5 weeks and 2 days to make good on the delivery. Seems like most folks have recently gotten cars in under 4 weeks. Given the way the ramp up at the end of every quarter, I am hopeful for the June 30 delivery.
Awesome. Because of this thread I found out I can actually ordered these and it’s what I would have wanted in the beginning. I called my Tesla and they put in the order change. Let’s get those MSM LR RWD Tesla’s!

Same as my new M3 (if yours is Midnight Silver :) I needed LR because we don't have many charging stations around, but I did not want AWD. Today I've had it exactly two months, and it's a perfect 10 in my rating. They are still not common in South Carolina, and most of my friends want to talk about my "electric car". I tell them that I bought the best self-driving car, that happens to be electric. At my age (old) and the miles I drive on high speed country roads (many), I use self-driving everywhere. It clearly does not have robust info about our roads (many wrong speed limits etc), but I'm happy to let it report the disconnects, and the learning rate is impressive.

The purchase was crazy easy. I never drove a Tesla, or even rode in one. I did sit in one in a showroom. I ordered it online, with a 2016 Honda Accord trade-in (which they priced same as CarMax, very fair price). A week later it arrived at the Jacksonville service center, and the next day (March 27) it came on a flatbed to my front door (Hilton Head Island). They picked up the trade-in on the same truck.

Last week I pre-ordered a Model Y for my wife.

Well I finally did it! Ordered a M3 LR RWD 18" wheels and FSD. I want to thank the entire community on this forum. By reading some reading here, I found the knowledge that was essential in getting just what I wanted and armed me with all sorts of good information. In fact, my OA (Nashville) told me today I could not order a LR RWD any longer. I tried 3 times to tell him that I could. He asked if I wanted the AWD or the SR+. I told him neither and said good-bye. He calls back in about 5 minutes apologizing and took my order. He did have to enter as an AWD along with a change order. Tesla updated my account in less than an hour to the LR the wait begins...

Congratulations!! I ordered that same build and took delivery within 12 days.

We waited over two years for our first M3 and just two weeks for our second. It does not matter how long it takes, it will be worth it. Enjoy and spread the news about how much fun it is to drive and how well it compares to other cars worth considering. If you can, and have not already, purchase and install the charger. Noting like topping off your energy with a click of a button in your own garage. Note, the longer cable charger, I think 23' was the same price as the 8'. Glad I went for the long one as it will reach both garage bays.

Check you conversations in your account tab. I started one with you.

For what it's worth, the sales guy said that they were told that any orders in by May 31 WILL be delivered by June 30. I am hopeful that Tesla is highly motivated to make this happen to have a really good Q2 sales report. Also, I am counting on the $3,750 tax credit. We shall see...

Tesla has been very sensitive to delivery dates in the past when the tax credit was expiring/reduced. There is a chance they will move the May 31 order date forward a week or so if it looks like they will still have the ability to deliver by the cutoff date of the tax credit.

You are going to LOVE your new car. Both of our Model 3's were better than we could have imagined.

What did you order ? I ordered a black on black SR+ 18” on 5/21
Same except for I got blue exterior, I ordered on May 4th, but since I'm in Canada my estimated delivery date is June 13th, no confirmation yet, but that's what it says on my account and I have my VIN as of a week ago. Just gotta wait for customs I suppose, cali is only a 15 hour drive away, so must just be the international hangups.

I ordered LR RWD 5/14 in MSM/Black interior/18"/AP. Delivery time reported as "within 2 weeks" but no VIN yet, no news from Tesla.

Got the same story that all inventory of LR RWD had been sold through in the midwest (I am in St. Louis), so now waiting on new production.

Waiting is hard!

Reportedly there are NO LR RWD in inventory in the Southeast. That was the first thing they checked. But they are being made still as evidenced by my purchase order sitting in my Tesla account.
Probably a dumb question, but stopped in a Tesla store this weekend and test drove a LR RWD Model 3 and loved it, just wasn't the right color for me. Went online later that day to order one and don't see the option for a LR RWD with a premium interior. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Probably a dumb question, but stopped in a Tesla store this weekend and test drove a LR RWD Model 3 and loved it, just wasn't the right color for me. Went online later that day to order one and don't see the option for a LR RWD with a premium interior. Am I missing something? Thanks!

It’s off menu have to call or order at store to get long range RWD.

Well I finally did it! Ordered a M3 LR RWD 18" wheels and FSD. I want to thank the entire community on this forum. By reading some reading here, I found the knowledge that was essential in getting just what I wanted and armed me with all sorts of good information. In fact, my OA (Nashville) told me today I could not order a LR RWD any longer. I tried 3 times to tell him that I could. He asked if I wanted the AWD or the SR+. I told him neither and said good-bye. He calls back in about 5 minutes apologizing and took my order. He did have to enter as an AWD along with a change order. Tesla updated my account in less than an hour to the LR RWD.

Now the wait begins...
Congratulations, and welcome aboard.

Don't obsess too much during the wait. Best to occupy your mind with other things... otherwise, it can be torturous.

Reactions: StealthP3D