Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I sold my Tesla Model Y today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(not moderator note, or representing TMC moderators, TMC or anyone other than jjrandorin the regular poster, not jjrandorin the moderator)

I dont understand why so many people are so quick to judge someone elses choice in vehicle. Their choice is theirs, and they are free to make it. I also dont quite understand peoples need / desire to come and proclaim "Im outta here", which is sorta what it feels like to me when someone comes and posts here that "I no longer have X vehicle".

When I lease returned my 435 and bought my model 3, in 2018, I didnt go to the BMW boards I was an active member of and proclaim "Im gone!", I just stopped going there.

shrug... I just figure this is one of those things I dont get. With that being said, I fully support peoples decisions on vehicles, whatever they are, as the right one for them. This should be "no judgement" but unfortunately, there is a LOT of that that happens in TMC (judgement).. more than other car forums.

Not sure why that is.

(not moderator note, or representing TMC moderators, TMC or anyone other than jjrandorin the regular poster, not jjrandorin the moderator)

I dont understand why so many people are so quick to judge someone elses choice in vehicle. Their choice is theirs, and they are free to make it. I also dont quite understand peoples need / desire to come and proclaim "Im outta here", which is sorta what it feels like to me when someone comes and posts here that "I no longer have X vehicle".

When I lease returned my 435 and bought my model 3, in 2018, I didnt go to the BMW boards I was an active member of and proclaim "Im gone!", I just stopped going there.

shrug... I just figure this is one of those things I dont get. With that being said, I fully support peoples decisions on vehicles, whatever they are, as the right one for them. This should be "no judgement" but unfortunately, there is a LOT of that that happens in TMC (judgement).. more than other car forums.

Not sure why that is.

I agree with your viewpoint. Just want to clarify - I don't actually have an opinion about the OP's choice... it's just a car. I just made the donkey comment for chuckles.

Truly, we're all fortunate to be in the position to own any vehicle. Many people in the world walk miles each day for a bucket of not very clean water.

I think the OP did well with the deal for the MY trade-in, and I also think as long as the OP is happy with the resulting vehicle, that's all it matters. That said, when I read the first post, I was thinking maybe the MY was traded in for a Taycan or something, so I was a bit surprised that it was an Insight.