Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I thought I was gonna have S3X for the whole week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposed to have the M3P today but I rejected it. :(

I got a text 3 days ago for delivering my order. Before this, there was no communication at all. The text simply told me that my M3P was ready and ask me to take the delivery over the weekend and only over this weekend. Although given such short notice, I tired to accommodate the request and set up the delivery date as today 12pm.

The DA drove my M3P (not on the delivery truck) and arrived on time. The car is not prepared well for a new car at all. Some wax traces are left throughout the car surfaces from bumpers to hood and door panels. There are 4 scratches on the front, door panel, annd rear body. I wonder why they don’t fix them before the delivery since the scratches are very easy to spot (the car is black). There is one crack about the thumbnail size on the rear window. There are also water marks along panel gaps throughout the whole car. Look like whoever washed the car did not bother to wipde them dry. Panels are aligned pretty well though. But all of these are nothing compared the next.

While my wife was dealing with DA for the documents, I checked the monroney sticker. Wait! This car is AWD only! :eek:
The sticker was abuot $55000 not even with EAP option which I ordered and the DA was about to take our $75000 check.
The DA chated over the phone and insisted that this is indeed a M3P and offered to send an e-mail for confirmation and later I can print it out as proof. I said no way I can accept this resolution and show my own printed copy later if I sell my car in the future. After about 5 minutes back and forth arguement, finally they apopogized and said it was their mistake for this mix up. :rolleyes: OMG, I am so glad that I kept my stand. Lesson- Take your time to check your order and make sure you get what you paid for. Don’t take any verbal or unofficial way as solutions.

I have MX and MS sitting in the garage and I thought I would have S3X for the next week. Look like it is not going happen.
Having had 2 Teslas and incoming M3P should show my support for Tesla, but I will say that their delivery (and service capability) is the weakest link. I wholeheartedly recommand Tesla to my friends and colleagues, but I always tell them the experience they may face when comes to their delivery and service facility.

It was chaotic when I picked up my MX and MS 2.5 years ago and it is more so as of today. Tesla needs to improve its delivery system and service capacity fast!

Now your'e making me nervous. I took delivery of a 3P no PUP and drove straight to get PPF. I didn't actually think to make sure they delivered the right kind of car beyond making sure the VIN matched. :\

I absolutely LOVE my Model 3 Performance. As for the delivery experience - it was horrible. Long story short - I was in the waiting room 45 minutes past my appointment. They finally told me they had a problem with the tire pressure sensors. This seems strange to me as they could have just told me that from the start. Then I looked in the center console for my gift (as a day one reservation holder) I wanted to give to my 8 year old son and nothing. There where also these defects: Tesla Model 3 Performance (issues) Those were later fixed and I had a Model S P85D during that time. So it's nice to have it back again and enjoying it.

Reservation Date: March 31, 2016
Configuration Date: June 30, 2018
VIN Assignment Date: July 23, 2018
Delivery Date: July 28, 2018
Title Recieved: August 14, 2018
Service Center Repairs: August 6 - August 30, 2018

You might want to let Elon know.
Haha. I like Elon's take on this. I understand he originally wanted the model 3 to be the "model e" but there were issues with that name. A cute little joke by Elon doesn't need to be repeated by everybody. Are you a genius car/spaceship/mass transit mogul? Then keep it to yourself.

PS: I teach sex ed to middle schoolers. There's not a sex joke you can make that I haven't heard yet. But we're not middle schoolers here, are we?

So the model names are supposed to be SEXY - what letter comes next? That's the real question. I suggest. B, A T.

SEXY BEAST!
or if you're opposed to repeated letters...
SEXY BAT!

omg is elon the real batman?
"I'm not the car you want, but I'm the car you need" *grin*

Haha. I like Elon's take on this. I understand he originally wanted the model 3 to be the "model e" but there were issues with that name. A cute little joke by Elon doesn't need to be repeated by everybody. Are you a genius car/spaceship/mass transit mogul? Then keep it to yourself.

PS: I teach sex ed to middle schoolers. There's not a sex joke you can make that I haven't heard yet. But we're not middle schoolers here, are we?

So the model names are supposed to be SEXY - what letter comes next? That's the real question. I suggest. B, A T.

SEXY BEAST!
or if you're opposed to repeated letters...
SEXY BAT!

omg is elon the real batman?
"I'm not the car you want, but I'm the car you need" *grin*

It’s a joke meant to be shared at all. Playing along with Elon is funny. Pretending you are Rick James/Dave Chapelle is not funny. It takes EQ to get a read on that.

Middle schoolers ain’t *sugar* - I better be more clever and creative! ;) Being funny and not crude is a tough limitation to work with.

Clearly the next models are going to be Model A and Model F.

S3xyaf

Reactions: Zorg
While my wife was dealing with DA for the documents, I checked the monroney sticker. Wait! This car is AWD only! :eek:
The sticker was abuot $55000 not even with EAP option which I ordered and the DA was about to take our $75000 check.
The DA chated over the phone and insisted that this is indeed a M3P and offered to send an e-mail for confirmation and later I can print it out as proof. I said no way I can accept this resolution and show my own printed copy later if I sell my car in the future. After about 5 minutes back and forth arguement, finally they apopogized and said it was their mistake for this mix up. :rolleyes: OMG, I am so glad that I kept my stand. Lesson- Take your time to check your order and make sure you get what you paid for. Don’t take any verbal or unofficial way as solutions.

This is ridiculous! Glad you rejected it ...