TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I wish Buccee's would get some superchargers

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Kcharwood, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

Seems like the perfect spot. Huge parking lot. Great bathrooms. Typically good food.

Makes perfect sense.

• Like x 2
  2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Great breakfast burritos.

3. geoffreak

geoffreak Model 3 Reservation Holder

I agree. I love stopping at their locations and it just seems like an oversight that they don't have EV chargers of any kind setup. Maybe it's just a matter of time. I hope Tesla works out a deal with them at some point, because their locations are exactly what is desired at a supercharger stop.

4. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

I dunno, I used to love stopping on my way from Houston to San Antonio or Dallas, don't anymore due to the heavy traffic getting in/out of their parking lot.

• Like x 1
  5. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

I don't know. I love Buc-ee's, but their model is to get you in and get you out fast. Note there are no tables to sit and eat--that is because they don't want you too. Walking around for 20 minutes is fine, but I prefer not to eat in my car. Also, most locations don't have any place to walk to that you could sit down for a meal if you wanted to.

• Like x 1
  6. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

Solution: Buc-ees adds a separate lot, towards the back of their concrete expanse, that has an EV-only driveway.

7. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

If you go way back in the archives, you'll find we were convinced the Bus-ees in Stephenville would be the location for the DFW / Houston Supercharger. Of course, Tesla surprised us by putting in two Superchargers instead of the one we expected.

8. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

Buc-ee's doesn't have tables, but it's because you aren't spending money when you're sitting down, not because they want you to leave. If you're standing, then you're probably walking around and looking around and buying a whole bunch of stuff.

Superchargers would be great, though. They are popping up all over the place and have plenty of room. It's easy to knock out 20-30 minutes in there without even realizing what's happening (especially if you need to walk a quarter mile from your car to the front door).

9. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

And no staffing required to clear & clean tables.

10. kash

kash Member

We spend 30 min there and that's us trying to be quick

11. sgmorton

sgmorton Member

I would prefer it as well... and it's a known Bucees model. They give their gas away at cost to get you to stop and shop there. When they built the Bucess in Baytown they adamant about that fact. So a Supercharger would seem like a perfect fit.

12. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

And add "Tesla Nuggets" to the beaver nugget flavor lineup.

Muskrat nuggets?

13. Beryl

Beryl Member

Either one of the Pearland Bucc-ee's would be great because they are both located in shopping centers with restaurants all around. They are only about 35 miles from the North Houston SC but relatively close to Hobby.

• Like x 1
  14. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

Yes, Pearland would be a good location for many reasons.

Really, it goes back to having SpC at Buccee's is the way to go. If you want to know where there's a bunch of traffic, look for the Buccee's.

• Helpful x 1