Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wish the Tesla app could ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a developer, working on a new app to enhance the original Tesla app. So I'm collecting ideas of what y'all wish the original Tesla app could have offered.

NOTE: it doesn’t need to be just controlling your car. Think about how you can utilize the different data you get from the car. Like, scheduled AC? Also, a chain of actions in a single button press can be possible!

I'll start off...

I wish the Tesla App could allow me to share my location with anyone (i.e. friends and family) for a limited time without needing to add them as a driver.

Reactions: APotatoGod
This is just my guess but I theorize that Tesla does not include changing the charge current in their app because a software glitch that erroneously increased the charge current could cause overheating and possibly a fire at someone's home. It's far safer to exclude charge current from the app's capabilities so as to never run the risk of such a glitch.

• Informative
- Monitor and display the 12v battery voltage and current
- Monitor and display the HV battery with cell balancing statistics, degradation, available capacity histogram charts, etc.
- Allow remote viewing of cameras and Sentry mode footage. In the car, but more importantly over LTE remotely from anywhere.
- Have a route planner like ABRP that includes all public chargers with filter to choose AC, DC, what networks are preferred, etc. AND allow routes to be planned for fastest route instead of least amount of charging stops as more frequent charging in a % range of SoC will nearly always be faster
- Allow syncing of Spotify playlists, favorites
- Give me a setting to keep the doors unlocked, heater or AC on, and entertainment system on even if I walk away with the wife and/or kids in the car and allow me to change that in the app remotely.
- Allow me to change driver profiles from the app in case I forget to set my "Mechanic" profile when I drop off the car and they end up messing up my settings with changes saved automagically.
- Allow me to select "call service center" from the Service menu if I just need to ask a quick question (HAHA, yeah right!)

Good luck! Most of these are wishes and impossible as api's are not available, functions don't exist, etc. But hey we can dream.

Reactions: JK20 and APotatoGod
Displaying both the SoC percentage and the remaining estimated range.
The App TezLab provides those two values.
upload_2020-10-7_14-38-18.png

This looks good to you?

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-7_14-37-59.png
    upload_2020-10-7_14-37-59.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 78
- Monitor and display the 12v battery voltage and current
- Monitor and display the HV battery with cell balancing statistics, degradation, available capacity histogram charts, etc.
- Allow remote viewing of cameras and Sentry mode footage. In the car, but more importantly over LTE remotely from anywhere.
- Have a route planner like ABRP that includes all public chargers with filter to choose AC, DC, what networks are preferred, etc. AND allow routes to be planned for fastest route instead of least amount of charging stops as more frequent charging in a % range of SoC will nearly always be faster
- Allow syncing of Spotify playlists, favorites
- Give me a setting to keep the doors unlocked, heater or AC on, and entertainment system on even if I walk away with the wife and/or kids in the car and allow me to change that in the app remotely.
- Allow me to change driver profiles from the app in case I forget to set my "Mechanic" profile when I drop off the car and they end up messing up my settings with changes saved automagically.
- Allow me to select "call service center" from the Service menu if I just need to ask a quick question (HAHA, yeah right!)

Good luck! Most of these are wishes and impossible as api's are not available, functions don't exist, etc. But hey we can dream.

As I was reading your list I became more and more depressed lol

I just want the NFC "CarKey." Unlocking the car with blue-tooth is annoying. Anyone can open the car's door and drive it away while I'm 100ft away from the car. I want security!

No they cant. I think in the very early Tesla Model 3s this was possible but unless you stand next to the car now it is not possible to open it. If you phone is in your pocket you quite often even have to remove it or angle your hip towards the car or it wont recognize it. anything more than 50cm away and it probably wont even work now.

No they cant. I think in the very early Tesla Model 3s this was possible but unless you stand next to the car now it is not possible to open it. If you phone is in your pocket you quite often even have to remove it or angle your hip towards the car or it

My M3 doesn’t lock until I’m about 100ft away. Briefly turned on horn verification to test. In a crowded lot, where I could lose sight of the car while walking away, I manually lock the car from the app. 10 feet would be much better.

• Funny