Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iced Ellensburg Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Geez, with all that fenestration one would think the employees at the Holiday Inn could see the perpetrators easily and shoo them away (politely, of course.)

Maybe Tesla should add a loudspeaker that has a prerecorded message to move your vehicle that gets activated one minute after arrival if the cord is not inserted into a Tesla. :redface:
That's not the front entrance to the hotel, it's the pool. The entrance is around to the right of that picture. There is no way the front desk can see those spots unless there is a video feed.

When the hotel is full they actually need those spots for their patrons. It's not an ideal spot in that sense.

I think TM just needs to find another location in or around Ellensburg to reduce the pressure on availability of this SC. I don't think we want there to be unnecessary tension between the hotel patrons and providing space for charging. But we can't have TMS drivers stranded either - I may be making the Spokane run regularly starting next year.

Though I grant that the hotel should have considered all of this when they signed whatever agreement they signed with TM.

Does the ICE'ing mostly occur during the overnight hours while hotel folks are there? How about during the day, when I plan on passing through?

I've never seen Ellensburg completely ICEd during the day despite using it fairly often. I've seen a few spots taken but not all of them. I only recall using Ellensburg once in the evening, but it wasn't dark yet.

For what it's worth the only time I've had to wait to charge was at Mt Shasta on the way back from TMC Connect and that only happened because there are only 4 slots and a bunch of us were all heading North after TMC Connect.

So yes sometimes super chargers are full (ICE'd or in use), but frankly I think these issues are relatively uncommon.

Using Ellensburg, The Dalles, Shasta just this week. No problems with ICEs during the day. No one blocking access. The front desk has license plate numbers, and is willing to call up rooms and ask them to move. Cousins says that if they don't, they will be towed. I had no other Teslas sharing the SCs overnight, one Ford was brave enough to park there.

Never had to wait for a charger, never been iced. 77,000 miles.

No issues this afternoon. There were between 2 and 4 Teslas using the Superchargers at all times during our stop, so there was always at least one bay open.

I can see how it might be a different story later in the day, however. There's not much parking for a hotel of that size.

Using Ellensburg, The Dalles, Shasta just this week. No problems with ICEs during the day. No one blocking access. The front desk has license plate numbers, and is willing to call up rooms and ask them to move. Cousins says that if they don't, they will be towed. I had no other Teslas sharing the SCs overnight, one Ford was brave enough to park there.

Never had to wait for a charger, never been iced. 77,000 miles.

That's cool to hear that Cousins' inn has it handled.

New White Cones

IMG_1025.jpg